Not connected to Car, asking if I want to lock ECU?

nogills

Not connected to Car, asking if I want to lock ECU?

Post by nogills »

Just got my Ktuner 1.2 and installed software successfully. I connected the Ktuner to my computer just to make sure it connects correctly and it asked me if I wanted to lock my Ktuner to the ECU. I am not connected to my car, I'm in my office. I have not connected to my car at all yet. Is this normal? What ECU is it trying to lock to if I am not in my car?

It even had an ECU number for the ECU it was wanting to lock to. ?

Just want to make sure my Ktuner and software is functioning properly before I connect it to the car!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Not connected to Car, asking if I want to lock ECU?

Post by KTuner »

That would mean it may have been previously locked for testing. If you plug it in to the vehicle with the key on it should be blinking blue if unlocked, green if locked.
nogills

Post by nogills »

Thank you! successfully got it locked to my car. One more question though, probably a stupid question so I apologize, just want to be 100% sure!

When choosing my base tune, it gives me 2 options:
Factory 5BA-A6X CVT
Factory 5BA-A66 CVT

If ECU # in Ktuner units panel is 378205BAA650M1 , I am assuming I need to choose "Factory 5BA-A6X CVT" right?

Thanks!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Verify the locked VIN matches your VIN and you should be all good. If not, definitely contact the dealer you purchased from.

Match your software number, in the software column, like it mentions in the description.
nogills

Post by nogills »

Oh wow yeah the locked VIN is not my VIN number. Is there a way to get around this or will I need a new Ktuner unit?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Contact the dealer you purchased from. This is their situation to handle and has nothing to do with us.
nogills

Post by nogills »

Thanks, I have contacted them. Just out of curiosity, when I plugged the Ktuner into my car for the first time, why would it ask if I wanted to lock it to my ECU if it was already locked to another VIN?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It asks to lock software to the data that the unit is locked to.
Moueez

Post by Moueez »

I have a ktuner ecu that I bought for a honda accord cl7 base model k20a6 that goes by cable to the trottlebody. I bought the RSX ecu and the speed rpm didn't work or anything but I plugged it in and loaded maps. The rest was all going for me. Well, I decided to put the ECU that corresponded to my accord version, buy the ecu and try to unsolder the headers from the RSX ECU to take ans resuse it and put it in the new accord ecu . and when trying to remove it I broke the pins of the ecu where the ktuner is connected and now I bought a new ktuner header, I soldered it and what was my surprise that I connect it to the car it doesn't let me start the car the ktuner app tells me that it is already associated with the old ecu and the problem is that I can no longer solder the ktuner header to disassociate it. So I have several solutions, one is to send the ktuner chip back to the US and have them send me the upgrade version, as that would cost me money between taxes and shipping.... MY QUESTION IS IF I CLONE THE OLD ECU ITS DATA TO THE NEW ECU, IT SHOULD WORK FOR ME. NO? because I understand that ktuner is associated with the VIN number

Return to “KTuner Software”