2018 1.5T CVT Accord Questions

gadgtfreek

2018 1.5T CVT Accord Questions

Post by gadgtfreek »

Hi,

I have been using a piggyback and love the performance, so time to go with a tune. I like that the V2 has a display, so it is an obvious choice for ease of use. My car is stock other than a RSB and PRL intake, and I do run 93 octane all the time.

*) Considering 93 Octane and I have a CVT, is Stage 2 about it for me? I figure the power will be nice either way.
*) What is a good windshield mount to tuck the screen over in the left corner by the driver's door?
*) Do I understand correctly that it would be easy to swap back and forth between Stage 2 and Stock with the touch screen, for times of dealer maintenance?
*) I am looking at adding an aftermarket exhaust from Thermal R&D exhaust (front pipe back). Does the standard stage 2 work OK with an intake and exhaust?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 2018 1.5T CVT Accord Questions

Post by KTuner »

Hello,

Stage 2 or custom tuning if you want to go further.
We have a link to a mount in the topic Mounting under the V2 Help section. KTuner.com/KTunerHelp
Yes
The tune covers exhaust mods. Improperly designed intakes that alter the MAF housing size may throw fueling off.
gadgtfreek

Post by gadgtfreek »

KTuner wrote:Hello,

Stage 2 or custom tuning if you want to go further.
We have a link to a mount in the topic Mounting under the V2 Help section. KTuner.com/KTunerHelp
Yes
The tune covers exhaust mods. Improperly designed intakes that alter the MAF housing size may throw fueling off.
Thanks. I was going to avoid altering the MAF housing, I just have a PRL intake. I’ll take a look at the mount.
gadgtfreek

Post by gadgtfreek »

One more question. I have my V2.0 kit on order and was curious about the early spool setting I have been reading about here.

I'm new to turbo cars, so I'm not quite sure what "early spool" does or how it even works? My first reaction is how do you make it spool early LOL. What would the pros/cons be with Stage 2 mapping and that active?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The quick enables and quick adjustments are outlined in the help. http://ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/civicx_acc ... atform.htm
gadgtfreek

Post by gadgtfreek »

KTuner wrote:The quick enables and quick adjustments are outlined in the help. http://ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/civicx_acc ... atform.htm
Thanks, I saw that. I guess to be clear on my confusion, the spool starts when you apply power, but is there some sort of lag on the factory programming side before the spool starts, and that is what is decreased?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

As stated early spool and turbo responsiveness affect spool and responsiveness of the turbo. If you want to see the difference between settings vs factory, try it.
gadgtfreek

Post by gadgtfreek »

Got everything setup yesterday, and checked Early Spool along with setting Turbo Responsiveness to I. On the two IAT readings, am I correct that IAT is after IC and IAT2 is earlier in system? While idling I see IAT climbing much faster than IAT 2.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

IAT is pre. IAT2 should be post.

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”