How to disable O2 while keeping Tune 1 for 2011 MDX

Questions about your KTunerFlash V2 Hardware
Modded11MDX

How to disable O2 while keeping Tune 1 for 2011 MDX

Post by Modded11MDX »

Sorry if this seems like newbie question but I have read the entire KTuner help files and found the page about the Disable/Monitors but no where does it say how to do it. I've searched using Google and YouTube but the few vids that showed people disabling things somehow skipped how to save it to flash later. I am currently running the only tune available for the 2011 MDX which says "Tune for MDX Supporting Up To HFPC's or PCD'S, J-pipe and Exhaust" all which I have including a 4" pipe intake. I replaced all the air/fuel and wide band O2 sensors with Bosch and still have the P0139 code which shuts off my SH-AWD daily. My question is, how do I modify the Tune by adding the disable downstream O2's while keeping the KTuner performance tune?

There should be more step by step information or more detailed instructions on how to utilize the KTuner but it seems like you need to be a tuner in order to do anything except flash whatever tunes is available on KTuner. PS, I have enough mechanical skill to rebuild an engine, set rear end gears, do a brake job, alignment, install suspension etc yet know almost nothing about setting parameters or modifying a tune. So, if anyone knows how to do it, please explain step by step. Thanks!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: How to disable O2 while keeping Tune 1 for 2011 MDX

Post by KTuner »

It's illegal for us to provide a write up on how to disable emissions equipment. There is a disables section available for off-road and testing use right in main parameters.
Modded11MDX

Post by Modded11MDX »

KTuner wrote:It's illegal for us to provide a write up on how to disable emissions equipment. There is a disables section available for off-road and testing use right in main parameters.
I live in Hawaii, we don't have any smog checks or emissions laws. The disable section shows the things that can be disabled but doesn't show how to save then flash. Read the help instruction section many times already.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Flashing a tune is covered in the tutorial video.

Saving a file is done the same way as any other software. File>Save As or File>Save if you've already saved previously.
Modded11MDX

Post by Modded11MDX »

Thanks, I will try experimenting with modifying and saving files. Wish Hawaii had a authorized KTuner dealer who could dyno and tune.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Me too!
Modded11MDX

Post by Modded11MDX »

KTuner wrote:Me too!
There has to be somebody from Hawaii that has contacted you with questions who has a KTuner and you could probably tell just from the conversation if the guy is literate in tuning. Make him an offer to become a dealer because there are tens of thousands of Hondas and Acuras just in Honolulu alone. I see at least 10 MDX's just driving my daughter to school and 5 of those are parked in the school lot. I wouldn't mind selling KTuners if I knew how to expertly use it but sadly that's not the case.

Return to “KTunerFlash V2 Specific”