Dual tunes

Ktunerfan

Dual tunes

Post by Ktunerfan »

I like the idea of pressing the Eco button and switching from factory to tuned. Right now only 21 psi is available. Will you be added more dual tunes with less boost? Something like factory / 18 or 19 psi? Limiting people to only this highest boost in dual tunes seems like an oversight especially to those of us with the CVT.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Dual tunes

Post by KTuner »

Discussed already on CivicX.

You can also adjust both sets of targets to whatever you want instead.
cuscio

Post by cuscio »

Ktunerfan wrote:I like the idea of pressing the Eco button and switching from factory to tuned. Right now only 21 psi is available. Will you be added more dual tunes with less boost? Something like factory / 18 or 19 psi? Limiting people to only this highest boost in dual tunes seems like an oversight especially to those of us with the CVT.
I'm interested too but I do not have any experience to change the tunes.
ktuner 1.2 Civic sedan cvt 1.5 turbo ecu nr.37820-5AW-G72
Schmullis

Post by Schmullis »

KTuner wrote:Discussed already on CivicX.

A few follow up questions: What is the link to this topic on CivicX. Just looked - not easy to find what specificlly you are referring to.

When you say that "you can also adjust both sets of targets to whatever you want", does that mean that a user can take the standard dual (factory/21 psi) and just adjust the psi to say 18 instead of 21?

Is the Ktuner 21 psi equivalent to what Hondata markets as "+6 psi", in terms of only the max psi?

Thanks KTuner Admin for your reply!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Schmullis wrote:
KTuner wrote:Discussed already on CivicX.

A few follow up questions: What is the link to this topic on CivicX. Just looked - not easy to find what specificlly you are referring to.

When you say that "you can also adjust both sets of targets to whatever you want", does that mean that a user can take the standard dual (factory/21 psi) and just adjust the psi to say 18 instead of 21?

Is the Ktuner 21 psi equivalent to what Hondata markets as "+6 psi", in terms of only the max psi?

Thanks KTuner Admin for your reply!
There are dual tunes available in the software.

You can adjust both sets of targets to any boost level you want, fully tunable.

We have no idea what +6psi actually indicates for a final boost target, sorry. Because of the way Honda has the factory tune setup what you actually achieve from the factory will vary based on multiple factors.
Schmullis

Post by Schmullis »

Thanks for your fast reply.

My interest was to use the "standard' dual tune that Ktuner supplies with the V2, and then to adjust the 21psi to 18psi, so that it would be equivalent (true?) to the stage 1 tune, so that 87 octane could be used, if desired.

Is my assumption correct that the 21 psi tune in the dual tune is the same as the stage 1 tune, with only the psi boost reduced to 18 from 21?

Thanks!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You'll be able to do this much quicker very soon, as we implement a quick adjustment for boost levels just like we have on the Si.
Schmullis

Post by Schmullis »

KTuner wrote:You'll be able to do this much quicker very soon, as we implement a quick adjustment for boost levels just like we have on the Si.
When do you anticipate shipping the upgraded software V2? Will there be a specific serial number after which the upgrade will be available?

I'm asking because I want to be sure, that if I order this from a dealer, I get the newer unit. I'm guessing it will be after a certain serial number. Please advise.

Thanks!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

That will become part of the KTuner tuning software and free for all.

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”