Forced Induction Tuning

My5tic4l

Forced Induction Tuning

Post by My5tic4l »

I am debating on switching to Ktuner however I have some questions.

For Hondata Flashpro there are 3 types of tune calibrations. AFM, AFM with MAP fueling (Hybrid) and MAP (RACE/ Speed Density).

That being said my questions are...

1. What tuning calibrations exist for Ktuner?

2. What is the preferred tuning calibration used for force induction tuning? For flashpro, the preferred calibration to tune with is hybrid.

3. Do all factory features work? For example, in Flashpro, the MAP calibration (aka. RACE) renders the maintenance minder useless where it reads 100% all the time and the fuel gauge becomes inaccurate. The AFM and Hybrid have their own issues which I won't list to keep this short.

Thank you.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Forced Induction Tuning

Post by KTuner »

MAF and Speed Density are the starting options. We use the factory basecode, so everything functions.

We have a long list of options to add to the 8th gen. If switching I imagine you'll lose a lot of functionality considering the amount of time they've been out for 8th gen.
My5tic4l

Post by My5tic4l »

What functionality would you be specifically referring to?

I use my car for daily driving and do not need the bells and whistles.

Just need everything from factory working as intended such as factory features and sensors.

Any extra ktuner functionality added in the future would be a plus but I do not see myself using them.

Flashpro is missing a lot of factory functionality on their MAP based tunes and do not support those versions calibrations and for the Hybrid/AFM ones that they support, they disable functionality of critical sensors.

Thanks.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I mean in the way of features like boost cut and 4 bar map sensor support. I'm not sure what else they have, but those two have been mentioned previously. If you don't intend to use either then you'll be just fine and everything will function like factory.
My5tic4l

Post by My5tic4l »

Gotcha.

I think I will be switching to KTuner in the near future once I figure out who can re-tune my car.

Thank you.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem
ELCHE

Post by ELCHE »

What should I use on my Acura TL type S 08 factory base calibration or Forced induction?
My car upgrades are, ported runners, ported spacer, ported throttle body, cold air intake, catback exhaust, j pipe with cat delete
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Get a custom tune. We recommend e-tuning with Derek at Innovative Motorworks.
Julian C

Post by Julian C »

I have a k24z3 that’s gonna get boosted this week and I was looking at gauges to get when I found ktuner to be a simple option I just was wondering before I buy it when I plug it into my Obd port will it recognize the turbo and wastgate and read the psi ?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The factory map sensor supports up to 10PSI or so.

Return to “06-11 Civic Si Specific”