O2 Sensor

DC5_CAZ

O2 Sensor

Post by DC5_CAZ »

Someone please help me, specifically an admin or someone who knows a lot about KTUNER..
So heres my situation, i have a 2003 Acura RSX Type-S with ktuner installed
To my knowledge, which is limited because im still learnig how to tune/use ktuner, my 2003 Type-S has a 05/06 ECU
My check engine light is on for “Error Code P0135” which stands for Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 1). This indicates the PCM has detected a problem with the bank 1 oxygen sensor.
What I believe is the issue is that my O2 sensor is for the 03 Type-S, but since I have an 05/06 ECU, it is not matching up and is basically non-functional ((my therory, please correct me if I am wrong))
So I am looking to replace the O2 sensor with a wide and sensor that I can use with KTUNER platform to adjust my AFR (air fuel ratio) because as it stands my car is running VERY rich
I found a wideband Sensor online http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=79
So I need to know if this sensor will work with my 2003 Type S with the 05/06 KTUNER ECU, and if not which O2 sensor WILL work for me to...
A) Get rid of P0135 error code
B) Function as the O2 sensor should
C) Be able to adjust AFR, which is a wideband senor I THINK

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, I feel like I’ve described in the most detailed fashion I can, but if there’s any questions about my car you have please ask them, I’ll clarify anything I can

Some mods if it’s helpful/required
RDX fuel injectors
DC Headers
Greddy full Exhaust
Stock Intake manifold
Cold air intake
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: O2 Sensor

Post by KTuner »

You need an 05-06 O2 sensor because it's an 05-06 ECU controlling it. This is stated right on the RSX application page for swap or 02-04 vehicles.
DC5_CAZ

Post by DC5_CAZ »

Okay, so now I have 2 questions if I want a wide band set up(gauges etc) will I need to replace the O2 sensor AND get a wideband? Or can I just get a wideband Sensor and swap it out for the O2 sensor that is in my car currently?
Then when I do get a wideband, I know I’ll have to hook it up to my ecu/Ktuner, where about does that go? I searched online for plug set ups but had no luck. Thank you for the quick response that was awesome :D :D
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The factory sensor is a wideband. All you need is the 05-06 sensor.

Return to “02-04 RSX/EP3 Specific”