06 07 ktuner v2

jamz720

06 07 ktuner v2

Post by jamz720 »

hello.

my name is Jose and I have a couple of questions for ktuner.

first of I have a 2007 Honda accord usdm with the stock k24a8. DBW. I was really looking forward to purchasing the ktuner V2. As I saw earlier it shows not compatible with my current chassis ecu setup(oem)

now what I was wondering is.

If I swap the current ecu for a 07 08 Tsx ecu wether it be automatic or manual. will I be able to use it?

eventually when my engine finally gives out since its burning too much oil for my preference. I'd like to swap In a k24a2, which I already have in storage. I would want something that will be compatible with both the k24a8 and k24a2.
can the ktuner v2 work for both if I can get it to work with my current setup or after the tsx ecu (if required)?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 06 07 ktuner v2

Post by KTuner »

The V2 is for CAN applications over OBD. The 06-07 ECU is not that. If you're looking for a race display that works with our R1 kit, the same display technology from the V2 has been put into the TunerView RD 2.

As far as trying the 07-08 TSX ECU, it may work, but you will need to have the immobilizer sync'd, add CAN wires to OBD, have it custom tuned, and your speedo may be off with no control over that currently.
jamz720

Post by jamz720 »

I see what you mean. started to do more research on the subject. which I came upon the same thing you had already answered. I'd really like to just use the ktuner v2 but I'll settle for the final tuner. seems that the 07 08 tl ecu is much more compatible with my chassis but my accord is not swapped yet. so. by running a 07 acura tl ecu can I upload a k24a4/8 basemap on the tl ecu once CAN wiring has been added. is there a basemap for one. in other words are the R1 basemaps and ktuner v2 shared on different platforms of k tuner?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

KTuner wrote:As far as trying the 07-08 TSX ECU, it may work, but you will need to have the immobilizer sync'd, add CAN wires to OBD, have it custom tuned, and your speedo may be off with no control over that currently.
I did answer that in the response. Highlighted in bold.
bianyy

Post by bianyy »

Hi Ktuner

I am not only curious but also be potential to buy 0607 accord stuff.
As I know from shop manual 0607 ecu is already internally CAN powered without wired to OBD connector, I've already tried to extend white/white_red wires from wiring junction connector to OBD connector, base on this are we able to have this V2 system?
I knew you plug your sub board to ECU to directly access programming port in circuit for V1, would you plan to upgraded to let it work with my extend CAN to OBD suggestion on V2 then benefit end users like me?

BianYY
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

06-07 is not listed under KTunerFlash.

Return to “06-07 Accord Specific”