Tunerview Freezing

Racer1

Tunerview Freezing

Post by Racer1 »

Hi,
I have 2018 civic SI with stage 1 tune and Ktuner 1.2. Works great. Then went with cold air intake at front bumper and put in a mild water meth injection to get the IAC down and doing self tune. Totally awesome power, just need to get some better traction now as tire spins even in 3rd gear at 60 mph and WOT.
So now finally got the tunerview loaded thru Honda hack std to view on the HU to do easier dataloging. It worked for 3 days then began to have Bluetooth connection issue, would keep spinning wheel trying 3 times then connect but the tunerview data will now freeze when above 2000 RPM for 4 – 7 seconds then updates the data for 1 second and freezes again, when in gear and driving. If I’m not in gear it will go above 2000 RPM and do the live updating normal, of course the PSI does not go up when not in gear if this helps with troubleshooting.

I did the Ktuner software update from 1,0.8 to 1.0.9.6 and did a firmware update on the Ktuner OBD module. Now the Bluetooth is connecting faster on the first try back to normal but still freezes data. I loaded the Feb 2020 Tunerviewlite to the HU and disconnected battery for 5 minutes but neither fixed the freezing. I thought when viewing data on the laptop thru USB cable that it was not freezing but after all the updates I plugged in the laptop and did the advanced BT enable again and checked the data logging again and thelaptop USB connection does data freezing also.

What could be the issue. Could it be an issue with the Honda hack std which seems unlikely since it worked for 3 days. Do I need the Honda hack Pro to disable the brake while in motion setting.
Seems to be getting worse, now RPM above 2000 freezes when not in gear also. Seems like the hardware on Ktuner OBD device cant transmit live data.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Tunerview Freezing

Post by KTuner »

Perhaps you left on board logging enabled and the device is full.
Racer1

Post by Racer1 »

You were spot on for the resolution of the freezing issue,
Thanks so much.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Excellent. Easy fix!

Return to “KTunerFlash V1.2 Specific Questions”