Fully unlocked unit from ECU and it wont pair to new one.

Brandon Poyser

Fully unlocked unit from ECU and it wont pair to new one.

Post by Brandon Poyser »

I've been using the same device for about two years now, I recently (like yesterday recently) had to get my ECU changed (got it to match my vin at the dealer too) and I followed the unlock procedure with my device, swapped, and programmed the new ECU. When plugged in, the unit reads and recognizes the new ECU. It is solid blue when connected to laptop out of the OBDII, but it is blue and flashing when connected to the OBDII, it also recognizes the different P/N associated with the new ECU, when I open the application on my laptop it asks me to lock to the new ECU, repeatedly without actually locking to it when I accept. I am the first and only owner of this unit and it is currently not locked to any ECU even after my 4 hours of attempting. I know this for a fact because I am the person who unlocked it and as I said I'm really just trying to switch it to my new ecu, I disabled every last firewall/software protection/security, even the ones that aren't necessary on my laptop. I really need to set my rev limits and delete rev hang, etc... (this is also my current daily) I plan on swapping the engin next and tuning with ktuner, with boost soon so I really need to get this working as it did before not a single issue up until now. Ktuner has been my saving grace for a lot of my ECU workarounds and I don't want to think it's failed me yet. But it is 100% not pairing.
P.S. I did return it to factory before unpairing, I checked my units flash history it is 100% unlocked, no vehicles on the list. I still have my old ECU in my possession and I've double/triple/quadruple checked, it asks to lock to whichever ECU I have plugged in after reading the specific P/N of the one installed (They're 100% different because one is an auto ecu and the other is a manual ecu).
Any suggestions? I bought it BRAND new/unused so this wasn't a resale.

EDIT: Forgot to also mention, when I have the unit just plugged up to my laptop and not in the OBDII, it tells me its unlocked, so I'm well assured its unlocked, I'm also not colorblind. :lol:
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Fully unlocked unit from ECU and it wont pair to new one

Post by KTuner »

If it's asking you to lock and flashing blue that's a good thing. If it's coming back up to ask again after trying you're simply not getting through on the internet. Reset your modem or whatever you have to do.
mummysonbro

Re: Fully unlocked unit from ECU and it wont pair to new one.

Post by mummysonbro »

Trying to connect ecu to a Mugen Si after i unclocked it from my accord v6. I can connect the ecu to my accord but when i’m doing the same thing to the mugen si it just stays blue even after turning the car on and off in accessory mode and it’s solid blue. It wont connect the ecu to the mugen but will for the accord. please help.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Fully unlocked unit from ECU and it wont pair to new one.

Post by KTuner »

If it's not blinking then it's not a supported vehicle, the key isn't on, or it's not making good connection on the port to communicate with the ECU.

Return to “KTunerFlash V1.2 Specific Questions”