stage 1 vs stage 2 for the 1.5T

Fro98686

stage 1 vs stage 2 for the 1.5T

Post by Fro98686 »

Hello, I have an 18 Accord EX with 1.5T/CVT

Is stage 1 a 6psi boost and stage 2 a 9psi boost

The reason I ask is that Hondata's stage 2 is a 6psi boost and the power gains are similar to KTuner stage 1.
Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: stage 1 vs stage 2 for the 1.5T

Post by KTuner »

A few observations here regarding information surrounding your question. Hope this helps.

Since the factory boost level you'll actually reach can vary, terms like +6psi or +9psi simply don't make sense to us.

Compared to the baseline runs we did not need to add 6psi to reach stage 1 levels or 9psi to reach stage 2 levels.

Going by their dyno graph their stage 1 appears to show a loss of power above 5700, so I don't actually think it's comparable to our stage 1.
Fro98686

Post by Fro98686 »

Thanks for the reply,

So either stage 1 dual tune or stage 2 dual tune are perfectly safe for the long term reliability of the motor and tranny?

Are both stages canned tunes(flash once and go and no data logging and additional adjustments) and I can tune back to stock if needed?

If I drive for mileage I can get at least the same mileage as I do with stock set up.?

Thanks again.....
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We only release tunes that are safe. There are many other factors to longevity.

Yes, you can flash them right in or make additional adjustments with our quick adjustment options.

Your foot is the deciding factor in mileage, but if you're not on it all the time a lot of our customers see an improvement in mileage.
Fro98686

Post by Fro98686 »

best place to buy or can I buy from Ktuner direct? thanks
Fro98686

Post by Fro98686 »

Hello K Tuner,

Just received my kuner v2.

Can I lock the unit to the car initially without having the laptop in the car. Then go connect the tuner to the laptob and load the tunes and then go back with the tuner to upload(flash) to the car?

what is the difference between stage 1 tune and stage 1 dual tune.

Does stage one non dual only put the tune when I am sport mode?

Does stage 1 dual tune put do a tune for both sport and normal modes and then leaves the eco mode alone.

Thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The V2 can lock without a computer. You do need a computer to set it up afterwards.

Dual tunes are the only tunes that switch with the ECO button. If it just says stage 1 then it's stage 1 all the time.
Fro98686

Post by Fro98686 »

All turned out good, stage 1 dual tune complete. , can definitely feel the extra torque/power. Comes on quicker with less throttle.

Was worried after the flash because I was still getting brake system and a couple of other warnings but they went away after a 5 minute drive.

With the dual tune you get to keep your eco mode.

Mileage should be just as good, drove to work with 75 % hiway and readout still said over 39mpg.

Not regretting not getting the 2.0 T model at all now. Car is fast enough for me and you get to keep your good fuel economy.
Thanks K Tuner
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem! Glad you're enjoying it so far.

We have customers getting better than factory mpgs with the tune installed, which is pretty amazing and something we have been striving for on these platforms. Of course that all depends on your foot!

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”