Few Quick Clarifying Questions

Jhold

Few Quick Clarifying Questions

Post by Jhold »

Good Morning & Happy Monday.

Just had a few quick questions.

Currently drive a 18' Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT and am looking to purchase the KTuner 1.2 w/ TunerView Application.

Im interested in doing the Stage 2 Tune in general, and wanted to clarify a few quick general questions if possible,

* KTuner has a few "additional" settings, such as Early Spool... Was the Dyno Graph you posted for Stage 2 utilizing this feature, or not?
--In my personal opinion of course more power = better, but I know with these small turbos i really don't want to have massive torque spikes at very low RPM as I dont want to see my rod flying across into the other lane... Do you consider "non-early spool" the "safer" option ?

* The only mods / plans for my car involve running exclusively 93 octane, using an AEM Dryflow Drop In Air Filter and then running your KTuner Flash -- I do plan to keep this car for a VERY long time... over 100K miles, 5 years ETC -- So morale of the story is i want something that will last for several several years, i dont want to be burning a quart of oil every 500 miles by the time the cars at 75k -- would you categorize your Stage 2 flash as drop dead reliable, forever, or should i stick more towards the Stage 1 in my given scenario?

* Does the Tunerview App allow you to record / see engine AFRs? I know on my old car i had to get an AEM Wideband gauge, but i think these cars come stock with Widebands?

* My ultimate goal for the car honestly, is to have a 13 second DD, even if its 13.99 - so im hoping the 10 AT + Stage 2 can get me there.

* Do you have any plans for a tune that utilizes Stock ECO, Stock Normal and then utilizes the given Tune in Sport Mode, Only? \

* Last but not least, Does Honda have the ability to view that a tune was placed on the car? Do these ECUs have persistent datalogging, or a flash counter, or anything of that end?? Essentially, if i have a bone stock car with tune-only, and i throw a Rod or otherwise absolutely grenade the thing - then flash it back to stock before going to the dealer, do they have any tool available that would be able to see that this car was flashed previously? Or would they say man thats just bad luck and move on with repairs?

Thank you for all the help
2018 Honda Accord Sport
2.0T, 10AT
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Few Quick Clarifying Questions

Post by KTuner »

Stage 2 was without any adjustments.

Early spool is safe and does not cause overboost.

We leave a lot of room, so as far as safety is concerned our tunes are safe. We do not shoot for high boost targets, so we're not overspinning the turbo, etc. Torque is limited by the tune itself, not relying on torque management to pull things back for us. If our track record on the Civic platform is any indication, we tune with the long term in mind.

We have already seen a 13.7 reported so far.

We do have something in the works.

You can flash back to factory. There's no trace left behind.
Silver6Speed

Post by Silver6Speed »

A stock 2.0T auto will hit 13.9 in the 1/4 mile.
Linszter

Post by Linszter »

Jhold wrote: * Does the Tunerview App allow you to record / see engine AFRs? I know on my old car i had to get an AEM Wideband gauge, but i think these cars come stock with Widebands?
Yes, TunerView can record to a CSV, but also you can start onboard logging wtih TunerView and you can download the log from the unit with the KTuner software

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”