How much boost should I be making w/ a Stg2 2.0T?

Touring18

How much boost should I be making w/ a Stg2 2.0T?

Post by Touring18 »

Right now I'm flashed w/ the 2.1 tune and data was recorded in "Normal" mode. Attached is a copy of a log showing 20.06psi w/ Stg2... I more or less sorted high to low and that was the max. I'm concerned because I'm reading an article online (see below) that states 20.8 is stock? I must be reading or doing something wrong. :shock:

"here are a few differences between each engine option, with overall power being one. But, for those who really like the details, we’ll note that the 1.5T option has a boost pressure of 20.2 psi and displacement of 1498 cc. Meanwhile, the 2.0T powertrain has a boost pressure of 20.8 psi and a displacement of 1996 cc. "
http://www.atlantichonda.com/blog/2018- ... nce-specs/

I appreciate the feedback! Thanks in advance
Attachments
ktune.jpg
(100.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: How much boost should I be making w/ a Stg2 2.0T?

Post by KTuner »

While there's more to a tune than just boost level, and I'm not sure why people get concerned with that, you'll never reach 20.8 on the factory tune. Feel free to flash to stock and take some logs for comparison, you have KTuner to do so!

Since you're asking this am I to assess from this post that you think it feels stock with our tune applied?
Touring18

Post by Touring18 »

It's a mighty newb way of me asking if i was making the power I should. The tune is a night and day difference so i definitely don't want to sound like I'm not getting the performance. You always read about dyno's measuring power and with that boost levels. So I was just curious if my car was making the boost it should w/ the tune compared to someone who has the same car (Factory) w/ just the tune. Silly I know...

Good point - I totally jumped to logging w/ the tune and never once stock to compare.

Thanks for the quick response.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You'll definitely see the differences once you get to compare the two.

I don't know why Honda would list 20.8 as peak when they know even on a good day it's never really going to hit that, but I can see how it would get confusing. When we released the 16.5PSI basemap for the Civic 1.5Ts they asked the same thing, but the difference between the 12-14 they were actually seeing and the 16.5 they got afterward was night and day in itself!

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”