Gauntlet of warnings after flashing

DAV0320

Gauntlet of warnings after flashing

Post by DAV0320 »

I have the V2 and just flashed my 2.0T AT Accord. Went with the Dual tune that retains stock boost in ECO mode.
It went through the flashing sequence, the gauge cluster on the car lit up like a Christmas tree during the process which I figured was normal. When the flash was complete the V2 told me to turn car off, then back to on again. I did. Then I turned off again and I finally started the engine. The car displayed 9 warnings right away, ranging from TPMS, brake assist, LKAS, Collision mitigation, etc. Was like that through the entire 20mins test drive. I could not switch between drive modes (ECO, Sport),could only stay in normal D mode. When I got back home I shut the car off, sat for a minute and started it back up again and this time all the warnings were gone and I was allowed to switch between drove modes. Is that normal? no instructions on what to expect after the tune loaded.

To be honest, I felt like I was winging it when I was installing everything. I couldn't find a clear cut step by step set of instructions anywhere that would guide me through the process with notes of what to expect to see along the way. I did see read the quick start guide and used that in conjunction with the V2 tutorial on YouTube a couple times and searched before i started to set it up, still felt a little uncomfortable, but I've owned VW's and have used similar hardware/software to tune all of them so I wasn't afraid of the process.
awdflush

Re: Gauntlet of warnings after flashing

Post by awdflush »

Wow, what a surprise! I too have installed KTuner 2.0 today and having the exact same problem. Except, the lights are still on the car and will not go away. I tried to reflash the ECU back to factory and it didn’t make a difference. I then tried to disconnect the battery and still the same issue. Can someone explain what is happening and how to resolve this issue please?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Hi Guys,

These particular modules are simply re-initializing after the flash finalizes and take longer since they assist the driver so they're playing it safe. Drive the vehicle so they can do so.

I've added a notice to each video page in the tutorial's section and the Flashing Tunes section for the V2.

Thanks for your feedback.
DAV0320

Post by DAV0320 »

Makes sense. Had a feeling with all the sensors things had to recalibrate.
I can confirm this morning all is well again..
Didn't get a chance to push it much on my commute this morning, but I could definitely feel the difference in power delivery with low/moderate acceleration, (aka stuck in light to light traffic).
Last edited by DAV0320 on Mon May 21, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awdflush

Post by awdflush »

Thank you KTuner for the prompt response. I can confirm that all is normal now after taking the car for a drive. Love the new power and responsiveness :D.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Really glad you guys are enjoying it so far! If you have any other questions let me know.
mojo

Post by mojo »

No Gauntlet here.
My 2.0T AT and V2 went pretty smoothly. Once I got past the Windows 10 issues (Background OS update) during KTune software download), the V2 did it's thing correctly and the flashing instrument lights all went away with a 1 -2 minute drive.
I did the Stage ll Dual upload. OMG! This truly did wake this motor up in SPORT mode!!! :shock:
EC.jpeg
(108.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by mojo on Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It really does bring them to life!
zekesal

Post by zekesal »

DAV0320 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:14 pm Makes sense. Had a feeling with all the sensors things had to recalibrate.
I can confirm this morning all is well again..
Didn't get a chance to push it much on my commute this morning, but I could definitely feel the difference in power delivery with low/moderate acceleration, (aka stuck in light to light traffic).
Im having the same problem atm, even after i tuned it back to factory the lights were on and I also lost eco/sport, i disconnected the battery for 15 mins and everything was good for the factory tune, i reflashed it to stage 2 and disconnected the battery for 5 mins and only the engine light went away but i still dont have eco/sport, drove a couple miles no changes. I can feel tf out of the tune tho on drive so it is tuned
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you don't have mode switching you likely disabled something you shouldn't have.

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”