2019 2.0 MT Accord Rev Hang

jduck00

2019 2.0 MT Accord Rev Hang

Post by jduck00 »

Hi Everyone. New to Ktuner, first post here.

I'm running a default stage 1 with rev hang enabled on a 2019 2.0 MT. The rev hang is much better now, but the RPMs still don't drop as fast as I would like. I'm still waiting between shifts, but not near as long now. My driving habit is to get in sync with the car and come off the clutch just as the engine and transmission are pretty close to matching. One thing I did find out is that the car runs a dual mass flywheel. I'm suspecting that is part of the issue. It will get replaced when I need to replace the clutch.

I was excited to find a decent size sedan with a stick when I was car shopping, but I feel like Honda has tried to take away all of the fun of driving a manual with this one. If I wanted smooth I would get the CVT. I don't plan on many mods, but the flywheel is definitely one. I've thought about installing a short throw shifter, but there's no point until I can get the RPMs to behave nicely. I'm not expecting lambo levels here, but I can go through the gears on my old F250 faster...

Any thoughts or suggestions on tuning that may help get it under better control without replacing anything right now?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 2019 2.0 MT Accord Rev Hang

Post by KTuner »

The dual mass is the major part of the issue. Short of replacing that, we are creating the most decel vacuum possible with this feature.
jduck00

Post by jduck00 »

Thanks for the fast response! I was hoping...
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem. I own this vehicle as well, so I feel you.

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”