A Few questions

JeffT

A Few questions

Post by JeffT »

Just bought a KTunerFlash V2 for my 2018 Accord 2.0T AT and just had a few questions.

First, is it possible to have the Dual target do.
Eco - Factory
Normal - Stage 1
Sport - Stage 2

Second regarding a few settings
Early Spool
Turbo Responsiveness 1-2-3 (whats the difference between the 3)

what are the trade offs off these settings? lower MPG? higher risk to the turbo? the FAQ does not really offer much detail for the layman

I'm looking for a little more grunt at the low end where it feels a little lacking but don't want to put any unnecessary stress on the car. if those setting can be risky ill just skip it.

Thanks.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: A Few questions

Post by KTuner »

There are dual tunes where ECO makes the switch. We will bring on the fly map switching to this platform so you will have multiple options easily once released.

No risk to using the features. They are safe and we are at safe levels to use them. Our tunes are fairly conservative and we keep torque down to safe levels.

MPG should stay the same or increase, but is driven by your foot.
koretex

Post by koretex »

I came here to post this exact same question, OP's first question that is.. It seems to be the only option not available.

Can you please expound on your answer to the OP's question, because I don't quite understand your answer.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

koretex wrote:I came here to post this exact same question, OP's first question that is.. It seems to be the only option not available.

Can you please expound on your answer to the OP's question, because I don't quite understand your answer.
KTuner wrote:There are dual tunes where ECO makes the switch.
Dual, meaning two tunes, using the ECO button to switch between them as labeled in the tune descriptions. This is the only option currently available. If you have any other questions let me know!
koretex

Post by koretex »

Either I’m confused or your confused, so please help me...

Here’s what I’m asking for...

Eco = stock Honda eco tune
Normal = your stage 1 tune
Sport = your stage 2 tune

I don’t see this on your site.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You wouldn't see that on the site, since there is only information on what is currently available and I outlined that in my previous post as well as in the response to the OP.

The info on the website says dual tune, meaning two levels. As also explained there ECO mode is what switches from one level to another. As I mentioned in my previous post this is the only option currently available. There should be no confusion at this point of what is currently available in the software.
koretex

Post by koretex »

I'm not confused as to what is available. I'm just putting in the same request as OP, a dual tune setup like we are asking would be awesome!
malcun87

Post by malcun87 »

I'm not confused as to what is available. I'm just putting in the same request as OP, a dual tune setup like we are asking would be awesome!
What KTuner is saying is that ECO Mode is one "Tune" and Normal/Sport Mode is another "Tune".

From what i've seen and understood with KTuners software is that Normal/Sport tables are treated as the one and the same and ECO is it's own table. SPORT mode "internally" only changes rev limits and shift points with the ECU and has the same boost targets and calibrations as Normal Mode.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

As the other gentleman said Sport mode still changes behaviors vs Normal mode, but the boost targets for normal and sport are the same. ECO boost targets can be setup separately.
koretex wrote:I'm not confused as to what is available. I'm just putting in the same request as OP, a dual tune setup like we are asking would be awesome!
That would be a triple tune. :) And as I mentioned, on the fly map switching is already coming to this application. I think having those extra options will suit your needs.
mheatly

Post by mheatly »

Any update on when the 3 tune option will be available?

Return to “18+ Accord Specific”