Base Throttle Setting, and Injector Settings

husseinholland

Re: Base Throttle Setting, and Injector Settings

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote:Resourceful! I like it.

For P2185 if you don't have the secondary ECT setup there is a disable for it. If you do, definitely check wiring.

P0102, you can disable MAF on these and run speed density via the fuel maps. This may be your issue with fueling if the MAF is not operating correctly.
Thanks again - I don't have the secondary setup, so I'll look for the disable on that.

I will look into the MAF disable, after I check the wiring to make sure it's not my error.

I saw on the KTuned website this footnote (they suggested I buy one of their $$$ TPS switches when I queried the mount needing to be modded):

* Please ensure that your TPS sensor is not reading 0 when installed and calibrated. The TPS should be set at 1-2% open, this will ensure your car does not go into fuel cut which occurs when the TPS see a 0% reading.

Is that accurate info?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You want the vehicle to fuel cut when you decelerate. Sounds like bad advice.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote:You want the vehicle to fuel cut when you decelerate. Sounds like bad advice.
Very good. I will ignore that :D
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote: P0102, you can disable MAF on these and run speed density via the fuel maps. This may be your issue with fueling if the MAF is not operating correctly.
I've been looking around & can't find info on switching to speed density - I'm a little confused since the car has a MAP not a MAF.

I did see where the P0102 code can be disabled, but not anything regarding the MAP sensor besides choosing factory or 4bar.

Figured out how to datalog by hovering over the toolbar items - couldn't find that in the online help either :D

I still have to figure out how to fault trace the MAP. At idle, I have AFR's that fluctate from 10-22 with rpm surge, MAP stays around 400 (whatever that means). Fixed the TPS issue though :)

EDIT - I wonder if I'm barking up the wrong tree here - my setup has no MAF, and looking in the Accord service manual the code is a MAF code (101,102,103) NOT a MAP code (107, 108).

Should I just disable that code? If that is NOT the cause of the surge & wacky AFR sweeps I'm not sure where to look next :(
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

KTuner wrote:P0102, you can disable MAF on these and run speed density via the fuel maps. This may be your issue with fueling if the MAF is not operating correctly.
That is what I mentioned doing.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote:
KTuner wrote:P0102, you can disable MAF on these and run speed density via the fuel maps. This may be your issue with fueling if the MAF is not operating correctly.
That is what I mentioned doing.
OK - I just misunderstood - I thought checking 'disable MAF" was an optional thing - not that I should do it since I don't have one :D
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You definitely don't want to leave it enabled if it's not there.
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

KTuner wrote:You definitely don't want to leave it enabled if it's not there.
OK. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.

I emailed Chris @ Xenocron & he asked me to send him the calibration to look at, so I can get a more experienced opinion on the setup. It will be great if that's all it is :)
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Excellent tuner to work with!
husseinholland

Post by husseinholland »

Tried disabling the P0102 - which did remove the CEL, but didn't make any difference to the surge/AFRsweep condition.

Chris is wondering if I have the correct file - he says the one I have loaded appears to be for DBW application, not DBC. I could also email the file to you for confirmation one way or the other, if you wish.

This is what I navigated to to use

The other thing I'm wondering is whether I need to significantly alter the idle target map, since the TB is much larger (KTuned 80mm) - I asked them what idle level would be reasonable, since they said stock idle is not possible. Could a too low idle target make it surge?

When I first start the engine, it is "fine" until it goes beyond that initial elevated idle mode, then the surge & AFR sweep begins.

Return to “03-05 Accord / Euro CL7 Specific”