V2 touchscreen controls

Questions about your KTunerFlash V2 Hardware
Mbelling

V2 touchscreen controls

Post by Mbelling »

I recently purchased a V2 unit and am enjoying it so far. One issue I noticed,however, was that my touchscreen controls don't seem to work accurately. I noticed that when I touch the top left corner it often displays screen 4 of the 4 switchable screens by swiping, not bringing up the menu. Also when I try to scroll between screens by swiping, it nearly always goes to the next consecutive screen. Instead of previous no matter how I swipe. I have trouble opening the menu, displaying logos on the left side. I have a lot of difficulty scrolling between the 4 screens and I leave it on screen 4 due to it scrolling the the next screen randomly and having difficulty scrolling to any of the previous screens, 3, 2 and 1. I thought that it may have been because I had the unit doing a task, ie. Downloading a flash for example. And not being responsive, but it does this, always. I was wondering if i was doing something wrong on my end or if my touchscreen controls might be faulty. This is my only concern, as the product as a whole has exceeded my expectations.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: V2 touchscreen controls

Post by KTuner »

Hello,

We actually test each touch screen individually for accuracy during the setup and programming of each unit. To get to the main menu touch the tachometer (RPM gauge) on any layout. To switch pages of a layout swipe in a left or right direction from the center of the screen.

With this knowledge let me know if you're having an easier time.
Mbelling

Post by Mbelling »

That's how I understood the proper inputs from reading the help guide, just as you described. Had the above issues. When swiping center of screen left or right. It often acts as a swipe right input, no matter the direction I swipe. Touching anywhere on the tach either opens the menu or acts as a swipe right input. Btw I'm using the red tach on left with 4 displayed values on the right for a layout. I'm at work at the moment and will manipulating my gestures to see if I can give a better description. The above has been my experience so far. Sometimes they work as they should, but more often they behave as described
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Sorry, it's the center of the tach. Try swiping left or right from the center of the tach, since it's on the left. Try it with a layout that's in the center and let me know. Lastly check to see that it's forgiving if you apply slight pressure on both the left and right side of the display itself. It's meant to give a little all the way around. Let me know!
Mbelling

Post by Mbelling »

Messed with it a bit after work, after some trial and error and messing with different layouts. I have found that I wasn't applying nearly enough pressure to the screen. I also noticed that it helped exaggerating my inputs. For swiping, pressing and holding the center of the screen for a second or so then more slowly swiping, all while applying more pressure than I have been. I can now navigate the screens reliably with the occasion undesired input. Whereas before it was quite the opposite. User error I suppose. Thanks for the amazing support and quick responses. More than satisfied with the product.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I suppose a little extra umph in the touch process is not a bad thing. The timing of it does not matter, though. It's where you start to where you finish regardless of how long you take!

Glad you're enjoying it overall!

Return to “KTunerFlash V2 Specific”