Car doesn't turn on V2 Unit

Questions about your KTunerFlash V2 Hardware
zckwhte

Car doesn't turn on V2 Unit

Post by zckwhte »

Hello, I am having a weird problem with my V2 unit. I've had it for about a month now and everything was working great. Suddenly, my unit no longer turns on when connected to my car. So I connected it to my laptop in hopes that my device didn't just die on me. It turned right on. So then I tried to connect it to my car again, and it doesn't turn on. I then brought my laptop into my car and connected it to my laptop and the car and it turns on. It will display all the things I have set it to display like my RPMs and others so I know the cord to the OBDII port is not broken since it still connects to the car, it just won't turn the unit on. I am assuming KTuner will just tell me that I am not getting enough power to it when it is just plugged into my car, but it worked fine for the first three weeks and it would be quite inconvenient to have my laptop in my car at all times when I want my V2 unit turned on. Does anyone else ever have a similar problem? I have an 18 Accord 2.0T Touring if that makes any difference.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Car doesn't turn on V2 Unit

Post by KTuner »

The Accord has a CAN Gateway so make sure you enable that option on the main menu.
zckwhte

Post by zckwhte »

Hello. Just tried this… no luck. Any other ideas? I’ve made sure everything is up to date as well!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If the CAN Gateway option is enabled it never goes into a deep sleep and would turn on once the vehicle was powered to a point that the ECU could be contacted.
zckwhte

Post by zckwhte »

I have enabled the CAN Gateway option in the main menu of the V2 unit. It still does not power on when plugged into the OBDII. It only powers when when it is connected to my laptop.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If it doesn't turn on at all when plugged into the OBD port, but shows live data when you power it via a laptop with the car running, your vehicle's OBD port either isn't connected properly, isn't supplying power, or you've damaged the cable. New cables are available at TwoStepPerformance.com

Return to “KTunerFlash V2 Specific”