Is the KTuner worth it for the 2.0?

jcadams5

Is the KTuner worth it for the 2.0?

Post by jcadams5 »

I just recently purchased the KTuner V2 Touch for my 2016 Civic LX 2.0 CVT, and can find little to no information on it for the 2.0 The 1.5 Turbo is all the rage right now, so I thought I would start this to get things going. So far all I have done is the tune and nothing else to my vehicle. I do run nothing but 91 Octane. No bolt ons of any kind as of yet.

Just to refresh what the unit does for my car: This was taken directly from the KTuner site.
Improved throttle response
VTEC lowered to 5600
Mid Range and Top End Power Increases

The big question on every ones mind is: Is it worth it? The short answer in my opinion is YES. It was definitely worth it for me. It sharpened up throttle response as well as added some torque and power into the mix. Most of the changes are noticed in the mid to high rpm range. This I believe is due to the power handling ability of the CVT. You don't want to shock the cvt with a load that it is not ready for as it will cause the transmission to slip. Once a CVT slips it's all downhill from there.

The base tune isn't going to rip the tires off the car, but when driving "spirited" I do get a lot more tire chirp than I use to when in corners. At highway speeds, changing lanes, merging or going around someone you will notice the biggest difference. If you are cruising around 30-50 and you decide to punch it, it will MOVE. Once again you're not going to rip the tires off, but it reacts and moves quick enough to be more than efficient in any day to day driving situation. Before the tune it was like you had to wait for the CVT to catch up before it did anything.

I do have the CVT, but hear for those of you lucky enough to have purchased the manual transmission it makes another whole world of difference.

I have taken some data logs and looked them over after driving in all kinds of conditions, and from what I can tell the wideband O2 in the vehicle reports good conditions all around causing no need to worry about detonation, or engine harm.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will answer them to the best of my ability. I will try to get back to any question or responses ASAP. All input is welcome.

Thanks for reading,
Josh
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Is the KTuner worth it for the 2.0?

Post by KTuner »

Thanks for the review! Glad you're enjoying it so far!
Slob

Post by Slob »

Honestly, I've been researching for months on whether or not KTuner would be safe for my 2.0 Civic, and your review has convinced me of purchasing it. I can't seem to find any videos however on where the OBD 2 port is on the 16+ Civic and the new 0-60 time with the Ktuner installed. If you have the data on these, would greatly be appreciated if you shared them. Thanks a bunch for the review man.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The OBD port will be under the dash on the driver's side. On the 16+ Civic it's above where the clutch pedal would be.
Slob

Post by Slob »

is the OBD 2 already exposed or do I have to pull the dash out and find it?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It's exposed or easy to locate for emissions testing on all OBD2 vehicles. Watch our tutorial video in the online help which has a clear view of what it looks like or search OBD2 Port for a photo.

Return to “16-21 Civic 2.0”