Civic Hatchback Boost Map Hierarchy Follow Up

PremeFiend

Civic Hatchback Boost Map Hierarchy Follow Up

Post by PremeFiend »

Hello!

Been working on a tune to reduce wheel spin in the first simulated gear in the CVT off the line from a stop with the 21 starter map.

Background

From a post on another forum I saw Ktuner said that the hierarchy for boost maps is Boost by Gear, Boost Target, and Final Boost. This makes sense to me but I wanted to clarify something with regard to BBG vs Boost Target.

I will be ramping boost much slower in the gear 1 map ( but higher starting PSI than boost target map) and wanted to make sure these values throughout the RPM range won't be overridden by the Boost Target map since the BBG 1 Gear map will be higher PSI in some parts and lower PSI in some parts. I tried the quick BBG adjustments and liked the same PSI for the entire gear but want to squeeze more power top end, the quick adjust PSI + Ramping was too aggressive on the 21 starter map and I broke traction when it goes bananas full boost.

Question

If a value is higher in BBG than the Boost Target map for a certain RPM, will the ECU use the lowest value for the specific RPM between the 2 for safety? which would be the case for some of the values in my BBG gear 1 map but I am not sure.

I am using the stock 16in tires which seem to lose it around the unmodified Boost Target ramp around 3000 RPM from looking at my logs. The Boost Target map is great for the rest of the 'gear' ranges so I'll keep the rest of the BBG map values at 33 for 2-6 gears. The 33 values also make me think the ECU defaults to Boost Target map since

I hope this makes sense as it seemed kind of hard to describe the situation but any feedback would be amazing. Been having a lot of fun using the Ktuner platform and seeing the potential of this engine! Thanks everyone

-Matt
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Civic Hatchback Boost Map Hierarchy Follow Up

Post by KTuner »

Boost Target is the boost target, so BBG being higher means BBG won't be limiting it to something lower than the target. BBG is not a command, it's a limit.
PremeFiend

Post by PremeFiend »

This makes sense - thank you for the quick response. Appreciate it!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem at all!

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”