New Ktuner Driving Issues

Samo

New Ktuner Driving Issues

Post by Samo »

Hi friends, apparently Ktuner staff are away for a while so thought I would see if I could get help here in the meantime!

I just purchased Ktuner 1.2 for the first time and tried flashing with the dualmap 21psi that comes with the software. After flashing and restarting the car, all the warning lights are still on so I thought maybe it had to just be driven for a while before they would reset.

When heading down the road, soon as it gets to around 2500rpm the car violently jolts back and will not rev any higher. It is consistent around that point.

I have not changed any of the default settings for the map at all, so I was wondering what the problem might be. The car is basically undriveable now, either in normal or eco mode which should be more like stock as far as I understand.

Vehicle is a 2016 Civic Touring CVT.

I am new to using Ktuner so i don't know if there is some setting that has to be changed or what. Needless to say, it is a scary feeling.

Thanks for any assistance!
-Sam
vctaillon

Re: New Ktuner Driving Issues

Post by vctaillon »

I would try reflashing to stage 1 or 2, turn ignition on without starting let it upload until you see it finish. turn ignition off let it sit for 10 seconds then turn ignition on again. press the ok. start the car and let it run. it should work, mine does.
Samo

Post by Samo »

Thanks for the reply, I tried reflashing and the car immediately died. I assumed it was the battery since was totally dead, jumped it and went and got a charger and left it on for a while just to make sure. Tried reflashing a third time, and everything worked correctly. Guess the battery was low or maybe flashing just takes a lot of juice or something, anyway all good now so far!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Glad you're up and running!
biblo19

Post by biblo19 »

I had the same thing happen due to an ECU issue. That mode is affectionately or not, referred to as Limp Mode. It is apparently a factory set of instructions for the car so it can at least be started, moved and more easily diagnosed. It occurs when the full program is damaged or removed and not fully replaced. Support had to help me as my KTuner installation was showing me two different ECU's and I was choosing the wrong one to load, which put my car into Limp Mode. After figuring out the problem, I flashed the right program for my actual ECU and all was well. I was plenty scared when I couldn't get my car running, but even on a Saturday, Support jumped in quickly to bail me out.
Bob

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”