Stage 1 vs Stage 2: No difference!

aydingokce

Stage 1 vs Stage 2: No difference!

Post by aydingokce »

As the topic implies. A couple of weeks ago, I made a performance comparison between the two ready tunes that came with my Ktuner. The two tunes gave almost exactly the same performance. I can confidently claim this because I tried them on a rolling race against the same car at the same day, just one after the other. Is it the fuel quality? I tried to enhance the octane number by using toluene (30%) but that was the result. Would you think that it will change if I use E10? Are those readily available tunes compatible with E10? Thank you very much.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Stage 1 vs Stage 2: No difference!

Post by KTuner »

There would be a difference, as they target different levels of boost. I assume you actually flashed successfully and received an indication of such, not just uploaded to a tuning slot on the unit, and have datalogs to review?
aydingokce

Post by aydingokce »

I do not have any datalogs but next time I upload that tune, I can get them. Indeed I do think that 18 PSI tune is more than enough for me.

By the way, I heard that, each flash has a maximum number of read and writes. Is that the case on this car? Would I have problems if I flash it too frequently (I don't, currently)?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Most processors have a write life expectancy of 100,000. Not to say they all make it there. We've seen brand new ECUs fail after a flash and Honda Tech Line said there's been quite a few even completely stock that have failed.

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”