ECU not supported

Russ

ECU not supported

Post by Russ »

My ECU is not supported, but this i new before i bought the V2.

I did all the research I possible could before i bought the unit, e-mailing support with my details and checking out civic x.com regarding other people who had their ECU added.

It was apparently not a problem, buy the unit and we will add your ECU by enacting a read.

Then suddenly it appears that this is not possible and i have to wait for a software update of the V2 unit.

No time frame for the update.

If i had known this I would have held off buying until said update was available.

I can only assume that as k tuner is becoming so popular, enacting a read on all the missing ECU is very time consuming(probably especially so as I am based so far away in Thailand) but i cant help but feel let down.

Best regards,

Russell Mitton
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: ECU not supported

Post by KTuner »

I'm not sure why this has turned into a forum post considering we've been exchanging emails, but yes, I am not able to schedule time with those in different timezones and parts of the world so we are adding the ability to do the read yourself on your own time in an upcoming update. Sorry if you feel disappointed about that.
Russ

Post by Russ »

I just think before people buy the unit they should be aware that currently you cannot enact a read of an ECU from other time zones
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We just recently decided this because of people NOT coming through on their scheduled appointments, which wastes our time. You should also be aware that even after your ECU is read it gets added to a queue and processed in order then added to a public release. It's not an instant process, it takes several weeks. Since you don't seem to have much patience for the situation currently you should consider whether this is a route you want to go at all.
Russ

Post by Russ »

I was aware of the time it would take to enact a read and then add it to the list.

I was just upset about the sudden change in the reading procedure after I had purchased the unit.

The value of Ktuner to me outweighs how long I have to wait for an update.
cuscio

Post by cuscio »

I'm in the same situation.
When the software is ready, will you send us a private message or put a warning on the site? Thank you
ktuner 1.2 Civic sedan cvt 1.5 turbo ecu nr.37820-5AW-G72
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

When the next update is released get in touch again for directions!
cuscio

Post by cuscio »

all done, now I await the maps.
Thanks so much ;)
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem
cuscio

Post by cuscio »

hi, indicatively when my maps will be ready?
Thanks

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”