Different Quick Enables & Quick Adjustments Explanation?

KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Different Quick Enables & Quick Adjustments Explanation?

Post by KTuner »

Hi Beau,

TPS is throttle position sensor, incoming throttle position percentage. TPS.CMD is throttle position sensor, commanded percentage output to the DBW module. While APP, DKP, and several other terms may be used on other platforms for someone experienced with tuning several, this is what we have for Honda in an effort to make it simple to understand.

You may want to leave part throttle turbo responsiveness alone and adjust only the spool and ramp options.

I do plan on exposing additional tables in the future for additional control.

It would not allow any control of rev hang. The only option for that is the full disable via checkbox.
Ktunerfan

Post by Ktunerfan »

Expanding on this, could you explain how part throttle responsiveness differs from the factory control? I want less lag but I also like to control things with my foot.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It increases responsiveness with each level. You still have control with your foot.
Ktunerfan

Post by Ktunerfan »

It just seems like on the aggressive part throttle response and fast ramp settings that all the power comes on early but then it feels like it fizzles out at the top.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You're creating more torque down low, of which the turbo isn't big enough to maintain up top. You have seen the dyno graphs for our tunes on this engine, correct?

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”