any CVT issues yet?

vctaillon

any CVT issues yet?

Post by vctaillon »

.... to see if any Honda HB CVT 1.5T owners reported any issues since using any boost stage 0-2?

Are/ were the Ktuner provided default boost settings tested for any impacts before release to CVT owners ?

......currently set at default stage 2 setting and enjoying it.
Linszter

Re: any CVT issues yet?

Post by Linszter »

vctaillon wrote:.... to see if any Honda HB CVT 1.5T owners reported any issues since using any boost stage 0-2?
Are/ were the Ktuner provided default boost settings tested for any impacts before release to CVT owners ?
......currently set at default stage 2 setting and enjoying it.
If I remember correctly, KTuner tested on his own CVT car for 6 month before released the stage 0 and 1, and another 6 month before released stage 2 without any issue with the CVT.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We had a CVT vehicle for over a year at levels above the stage 2. Public testing was opened up in April 2016, so that's more than a year and half some of our people have been on our tunes now. We've had nobody report to us with issues thus far.
vctaillon

Post by vctaillon »

Well I think the effort Ktuner has put in to keep the cvt cars safe is awesome and thank you. I appreciate the honest feedback.... it's good to hear the folks with cvt's are having issueless long-term results. Since I've uploaded to stage 2, the engine sounds great, amazed what we can still get out of the 1.5T. I've looked at the logged Turbo Boost graphs and I'm seeing boost levels above 21.5 to 26 PSI.

"We had a CVT vehicle for over a year at levels above the stage 2."

On your quote here, what were your settings, will this be a new release at some point? Do you think this could be safe to call stage 3?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You're getting levels above 21 with the standard stage 2? Can you email in a datalog?

We won't release our settings as an end user tune. We were trying to break it through daily abuse and it never happened. If you do custom tuning or make adjustments yourself that can certainly take it above where we leave you with our base tunes.
vctaillon

Post by vctaillon »

:D
Sure, I guess I should have said there were a couple of spikes in the last datalog that were above 21..... hit 25-26.... I'll email you a copy, one thing though the file is 64M....overall I think it looks pretty normal for Target of 21.

Throttle response seems good, Turbo spool up is early......
let me know any suggestions off my log when you get it? ;)
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

May want to take another. That'll be too big to get through.

Return to “16-21 Civic 1.5T”