K20z1 reflash 2 Car won’t start

Boback1

K20z1 reflash 2 Car won’t start

Post by Boback1 »

I have the ktuner in Ecu for my 05 rsx type s. I uploaded the reflash 2 for Intake,header, exhaust , followed all the directions after the upload and the car wouldn’t start. Tried it multiple times with no luck. Reflashed my original tune and the car started up. Now I will admit I got this car used with the ktuner in it and I don’t know what tune is in it but the car runs with it. Is there an issue with the reflash 2 ? I haven’t tried another tune from the list yet.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: K20z1 reflash 2 Car won’t start

Post by KTuner »

If you're able to connect to the ECU after flashing it, you'll likely find that immobilizer is disabled in the tune that works.
Boback1

Post by Boback1 »

ok that makes sense. So do I just need to flash the new tune and then disable the immobilizer before i start it ? or disable it and then flash it ? If so is it just a tab that i need to uncheck. Thank you.
Boback1

Post by Boback1 »

I found the disable tab for it. I'm going to try it later today and see if it works. Quick question , Is it ok to run the intake,header,exhaust tune with a stock exhaust system ? i have the intake and race header but no exhaust yet. it comes in next week.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The tune takes advantage of the extra flow. It may be OK, but might run a little rich if the flow hasn't actually increased.
Boback1

Post by Boback1 »

ok thank you for the help.I was able to upload the relash 3 and car runs good. like you said just rich during wot pull. but everywhere else is good. now i just need my exhaust to come in and a dyno tune.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Awesome. No problem.

Return to “05-06 RSX Specific”