Dyno tuning help in Tampa Florida

snicklefritz

Dyno tuning help in Tampa Florida

Post by snicklefritz »

Would like some help finding a shop near Tampa with ktuner experience that can tune my 06 base rsx. Had my car at shop for dyno tune and he told me to sell the ktuner and buy kpro. I think he had little experience with it and was Frustrated with it.
Basically told me it was crap and to buy a kpro.

Skunk2 intake manifold (port and polished)
Skunk2 tb
Short ram air intake
Dc race header
2.5 inch exhaust

163 whp and 135wtq at 80% throttle because the tps sensor from what he says need to be switched to a type s because its putting car into limp mode at
Wide open throttle.
Any help would be appreciated
Linszter

Re: Dyno tuning help in Tampa Florida

Post by Linszter »

snicklefritz wrote:Would like some help finding a shop near Tampa with ktuner experience that can tune my 06 base rsx. Had my car at shop for dyno tune and he told me to sell the ktuner and buy kpro. I think he had little experience with it and was Frustrated with it.
Basically told me it was crap and to buy a kpro.

Skunk2 intake manifold (port and polished)
Skunk2 tb
Short ram air intake
Dc race header
2.5 inch exhaust

163 whp and 135wtq at 80% throttle because the tps sensor from what he says need to be switched to a type s because its putting car into limp mode at
Wide open throttle.
Any help would be appreciated
http://www.phearable.net
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

80-83% is pretty standard for 02-06 RSX. Swapping to a Type-S TPS would yield the same results. If he took a look at the WOT TPS thresholds he would have realized that it's setup to operate just fine with this percentage. That also wouldn't put you into limp mode, so if you're going into limp mode there's something else going on.
snicklefritz

Post by snicklefritz »

Idk bro im just going by what he told me. He showed me a pic of a base tps and type s tps and how they are angled different in position. My throttle body is a skunk2 type s 70mm so i guess thats the reason it need a type s. Im still thinking its best that i find a more experienced person for ktuner because he thinks its garbage. I was given a to do/suggestions list and Literally the first thing said( sell ktuner, buy kpro). Anyway im going to get the tps and hopefully it works and my car is working right again
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Ahhh, then I'm not sure what error you're seeing without more info.
snicklefritz

Post by snicklefritz »

Type s tps fixed it but still feels like it has less power than before with stock tb and intake manifold. It feels more lethargic and slow than before like its got to much air or fuel and bogs. Its bad enough that im tempted to uninstall everything back the the way it was. Thanks linszter for the info and I'm familiar with phearable.net as they are who i purchased the ktuner from
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If that's with the custom tune download it and save a copy if you don't have one already, then try the built in basemap.
snicklefritz

Post by snicklefritz »

Ok and thanks for all your info/help
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem
snicklefritz

Post by snicklefritz »

Kind of off subject but I didnt want to start a new topic. As I stated in a earlier post the car felt more sluggish after the skunk2 manifold and tb install.
I downloaded the dyno tune that the tuner made and compared it to a base map from ktuner. He change the VTEC engagement and disengagement from
Lower (eng 2,200) (diseng 2,000) to (eng 4,000) (dis 4,000) and the upper engage and disengage to(4,000)-(4,000). I feel like this is why its so sluggish under 4,000rpm. If i was to change it back to 2,200-2,000 and see if it helps low rpm acceleration would it cause any major issues with the motor?

Return to “05-06 RSX Specific”