high idle

cramos098

high idle

Post by cramos098 »

can anyone help. i installed my end user and flashed the reflash with header for rsx. my idle is around 1300 rpm. when the cooling fan kicks in it drop down to about 900 rpm then slowly rises to to 1300 again. is there a way i can chance the idle through the software??
daje00

Re: high idle

Post by daje00 »

I tried changing my idle but haven't been able to do it, the numbers go red and won't save
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You can change idle in the software, and likely your TPS isn't calibrated correctly. If it reads .5 or higher in logging it's not. You can do that in the software as well, then you need to flash to save long term.
cramos098

Post by cramos098 »

can you help me on where in the software to change the idle at. also how do i calibrate the tps
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Under main parameters.

Idle Target
TPS Calibration
dropdead

Post by dropdead »

KTuner wrote:Under main parameters.

Idle Target
TPS Calibration
can you add some sort of UI feedback to TPS calibration? maybe show the saved TPS calibration value, etc..?
now it seems like that these buttons essentially do nothing :)
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You can watch in real-time the TPS value as it changes when you click the buttons.
dropdead

Post by dropdead »

KTuner wrote:You can watch in real-time the TPS value as it changes when you click the buttons.
I've just tried that. when I click the buttons, the TPS value doesn't change at all.
KTuner 1.0.4.2, rev0 board, PND ECU from 05 Base Auto RSX.
dropdead

Post by dropdead »

of course this was done after loading my firmware file and connecting to the ECU. green bars at the bottom of KTuner window say "Connected" and "Live Settings".
I've tried to reupload the firmware after playing with the buttons but that doesn't change anything either.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If the TPS value didn't change when you hit Calibrate 0 then your TPS is way out of spec. You'll need to adjust it physically.

Return to “05-06 RSX Specific”