Adjustable 2 step

daje00

Adjustable 2 step

Post by daje00 »

I have the ktuner end user for my 05 RSX type S. I initially had a basic s2 step set at 3200 rpm and it worked beautifully. I switched to the adjustable 2 step with a 2500 rpm min and 60% thtrotlle activation point. I had to disable it because when i'm driving the car, no matter what speed as soon as the rpm gets to 3200 it goes into 2 step if the throttle is more than 60%. I have the speed set at 3mph so it shouldn't be doing that at 30 or 40 mph. Is there something I'm missing, it seems like it's 2 stepping at the basic 2 step setup of 3200rpm but using the 60% from the adjustable 2 step. What rpm should I put for basic 2 step if I'm using adjustable 2 step. I thought once adjustable 2 step was selected, basic 2 step would be inop. Thanks.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Adjustable 2 step

Post by KTuner »

Does your speed read correctly in datalogging? It does not operate over the max speed setting. Did you upload after you made the changes?
daje00

Post by daje00 »

Yes, my speed reads correctly. I'll retry again tomorrow and see what happens. I disabled it because of the issue I was having.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

In logging, not on the cluster.

Thanks, let me know. If you have an 02-04 trans you'll need to set the RPM higher since the initial speed won't register that low.
daje00

Post by daje00 »

So I reloaded the settings and that part of it seems to be working fine now. However there is another issue I notice and another user on youtube reported the same thing. The issue that the adjustable.2 step seems inconsistent. Example I had mine set at 3000 rpm min, 60% and 20% and 3mph. It 2 steps at whatever rpm I floor it at but it only limits twice then the rpm shoots way up past that point. I'VE tried many times and it continues to do it. Basically the two step works for a second or two then it's like it has no limiter.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I will definitely check it out, but there are many using it without issue and nothing has changed with it since it was released. There's videos of that as well.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Another user gave me a better description. Are you just mashing the throttle so it engages around 3000 at your minimum setting? In this case during the limit the RPM may drop below 3000 thereby landing below the minimum RPM and immediately disengaging. Then it would re-engage after a full recovery at a different RPM.

The goal should be to rev up close to your desired point (4300 if 4500, etc), which should be a least a few hundred above the minimum RPM, and then cross the engagement threshold to lock your desired RPM into place. See if you have better luck by operating this way.
daje00

Post by daje00 »

KTuner wrote:Another user gave me a better description. Are you just mashing the throttle so it engages around 3000 at your minimum setting? In this case during the limit the RPM may drop below 3000 thereby landing below the minimum RPM and immediately disengaging. Then it would re-engage after a full recovery at a different RPM.

The goal should be to rev up close to your desired point (4300 if 4500, etc), which should be a least a few hundred above the minimum RPM, and then cross the engagement threshold to lock your desired RPM into place. See if you have better luck by operating this way.
No, I wasn't just mashing the throttle there, for example I had my min set at 3000, but if I rev to 5k slowly then mash the throttle to go past the percentage point it limits once or twice then the rpm will go straight to redline if I don't quickly let off. I'll try to make a vid and send a link in the next few days.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Take a datalog, rather than a video, and send the currently uploaded calibration with it.
daje00

Post by daje00 »

Will do. Thanks

Return to “05-06 RSX Specific”