Need help uploading

06types31

Need help uploading

Post by 06types31 »

Hey guys I've had my ktuner installed for a couple years now but got bored and decided to go and make some minor adjustments to my tune. I updated my software and connected to the car. Everything connects fine. It will datalog and also even downloaded my basemap. Every time I go to upload the new tune I get an error that it can not reset the ECU. I've tried multiple times even with multiple laptops. Any suggestions?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Need help uploading

Post by KTuner »

Check the install. Depending what the error actually says it may mean that it's not able to communicate with the ECU.
06types31

Post by 06types31 »

It was bringing up the message that it can't communicate and asked if I would like to reset the ECU. I just don't get it because I'm able to download the tune from the ECU to the laptop.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Downloading and logging are done via comms on the large header. Flashing is done on the small header. Check the install and outline what the error says more specifically.
06types31

Post by 06types31 »

O got it. I will look at the error when I get home. And pull the ECU out to see if anything has come loose over the years.
06types31

Post by 06types31 »

So I pulled everything out today and checked the board and cable. Everything looks normal. I even unplugged the ktuner and plugged it back in to make sure there wasn't a connection issue. I went back in and tried to upload again and got this error.
"Erase failed. Please restart the ECU and KTuner hardware to try again. 251." Then another error pops up saying
"Ktuner was unable to communicate properly with ECU. If you're sure everything is intstalled correctly please choose from the following" Gives retry, reset or disconnect. I tried the reset and it pops up the error erasing ECU message again.
06types31

Post by 06types31 »

Is there any way this could be software related because my ktuner is a rev.0?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No, the unit has either been damaged or is not able to communicate over the small header in order to reflash.
06types31

Post by 06types31 »

Is there anything I can do to diagnose or does it have to be sent in?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Make sure it's properly installed and see if the headers look like they're properly soldered on. The most common thing is seating followed by people breaking the header connections.

Return to “05-06 RSX Specific”