high idle

dropdead

Re: high idle

Post by dropdead »

KTuner wrote:If the TPS value didn't change when you hit Calibrate 0 then your TPS is way out of spec. You'll need to adjust it physically.
it's actually at 0.37V (7.5% absolute throttle position) when closed and sometimes I get TPS error codes.
nevertheless, I've tried to play with throttle, opening it slightly to several percents, and clicked those buttons at the same time and nothing changed at all.

it would be great to have an option to set minimum and maximum TPS readings and rescale TPS sensor value accordingly.

by the way, why KTuner board resets the ECU every time I switch the ignition off, deleting any error codes, etc?
When I remove the board, all works fine, with it inside it doesn't have DTC memory at all.

thank you, waiting for a reply.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

.37v is below factory spec.

No, just the zero point is necessary for these K series vehicles. If you're far out of spec you have an issue. The system is not a band-aid and still uses the factory code. Make sure you're within spec.

Correct.
dropdead

Post by dropdead »

KTuner wrote:You can watch in real-time the TPS value as it changes when you click the buttons.
hello,
I want to inform you that TPS calibration button doesn't work at all with '05 AT RSX PND ECU.

I believe that TPS zero point just resets every time I turn the ignition on. when I've played with this feature using '05 PRB ECU on my friend's car - it worked as expected, but in my case it has no observable behavior.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If your TPS is too far out of spec the ECU will not accept the value, but the code is no different for AT or MT.

Return to “05-06 RSX Specific”