Any new turbo information?

ShiftAustin

Any new turbo information?

Post by ShiftAustin »

Question may be a little premature, but I have a unit arriving Monday for my 2013 CR-Z. I’m boosting using a TD04-15G model turbo, which is also on the way. Will be installing ‘13 V6 Accord 270cc injectors, I work for a Honda dealer and I will be purchasing them soon. As I understand I can reduce the scaling to 185cc, so my thought was to install them now and continue to daily drive until the turbo kit is complete, is that feasible? Project is just getting underway and I’m fabricating the intercooler piping, downpipe and full 2.5 inch exhaust so it will be sometime before I’m ready for dyno.
I can see that it’s been a while since there’s been news on CRZ data. I believe the unit comes with supercharger base maps is that correct? Are there any turbo base maps available? And do you have any tips for getting the base map set safe enough for daily driving until it can be properly dyno’d and tuned?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Any new turbo information?

Post by KTuner »

The same basemaps would apply and need custom tuning for your setup.
ShiftAustin

Post by ShiftAustin »

Running SC basemap and car is drivable, adjusted some base values and pulled timing throughout the map for safety. However I notice there are not many Ktuner dealers/Tuners on your dealer list.
Any updates I should know about or recommendations for a tuner around the Tampa Florida area?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Many tuners offer tuning with KTuner, but are not official dealers. You can reach out to Derftuned for Florida area tuning or Derek at Innovative Motorworks for remote tuning services.
ShiftAustin

Post by ShiftAustin »

I don’t have too many connections that can hook me up with someone I trust, and I know the Ktuner platform is relatively new. I will check those people out you mentioned, thank you. I’ll make sure to come back and post results when I get it wrapped up!
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Excellent.

Return to “CR-Z Platform”