Feedback after install

sympley

Feedback after install

Post by sympley »

Just want to say hello, introduce myself and possibly ask few questions.

Some background:
Car: 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD with manual transmission
Engine Mods: Lightweight pulley, CT Cold Air intake, Throttle body spacer with thermal gaskets, J-pipe with 3rd cat delete, ATLP exhaust
Upcoming mod: Manifold spacer with thermal gasket

Lot's of guys are ecstatic to find out that Ktuner was able to do a tune for our our cars (me being one of them). In any case I purchased the Kit and was able to install the tune#1 from the software. I did some street runs and looked at the logs. As per KTuner comments/advise I think might be a bit too lean in some instances due to the cold AIR intake.

Any recommendations how I can tweak it just a bit before I go to a local tuner for a final adjustment. For example below in a range from about 2100RPM to 2900RPM I get over 17 on LAM. Similar situation in 3300RPM to 3900RPM range.
RPM MAP(mBar) MAF TPS AIGN LAM
2219 180 11.93 8.9 18.5 17.78
2548 320 30.05 19.5 33 17.71
2845 330 14.28 30.9 21 17.69

If my understanding is correct I would increase the number in the WOT table under the appropriate RPM locations?

Also the software seems to have a VTEC engagement point adjustment. Is it OK to drop it down by few hundred RPM. I head that in most cases it brings improvement in performance.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Feedback after install

Post by KTuner »

If your intake is throwing off the fueling it's because the MAF housing is not the proper size. You'll need to recalibrate the mass airflow curve or at the very least drive lightly for a while to allow the ECU to correct via the Long Term Fuel Trim. Immediately after a flash is going to produce the worst results if the MAF is off because the Long Term Fuel Trim has been reset.
Big Mo

Post by Big Mo »

Any feed back regarding the portion initial of the original question on "Also the software seems to have a VTEC engagement point adjustment. Is it OK to drop it down by few hundred RPM. I head that in most cases it brings improvement in performance". I too would like to lower the VTEC engagement for city use.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You have control to do whatever you want. VTEC point should be properly tested with a dyno.
CBRriderr

Post by CBRriderr »

KTuner wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:23 pm You have control to do whatever you want. VTEC point should be properly tested with a dyno.
hi, why do we need a dyno to set VTEC?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

So you place it at the correct RPM.

Return to “09-14 TL Specific”