Will KTuner work with my 07-08 TSX ECU?

LFX

Will KTuner work with my 07-08 TSX ECU?

Post by LFX »

Hi, I have ordered a KTunerFlash V2 Touch to go with my manual CL7 Accord which i'm putting a 2007 TSX ECU into. However, the ECU number is not the same as the supported number on the KTuner website.

My ECU number is: 37010-RBB-505
The listed supported number is: 38720-RBB-A21

Does anyone know if this will still work with the KTuner? Looking at the Acura parts catalog, this ECU is listed as a replacement part for 38720-RBB-A21 so I imagine it should be the same? Both of these ECU numbers also have CY-EH3662A on them and they are both 07-08 TSX ECU's.

Thank you
Linszter

Re: Will KTuner work with my 07-08 TSX ECU?

Post by Linszter »

It's not supported, but you can contact KTuner via email once you get the unit and probably it can be added.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We do not support that and have never seen an ECU that doesn't start with 37820.
LFX2

Post by LFX2 »

KTuner wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:55 pm We do not support that and have never seen an ECU that doesn't start with 37820.
Unfortunately I was logged out of my account & password reset emails are not coming through so I had to make another.

I agree it is strange that the ECU begins with 37010 however in all other aspects it appears to be identical to the supported ECU, even down to the PCB. If I connect my KTuner to this ECU is there a possibility that it will work, or will it reject the ECU as it is not the exact number?

I would really like to use the KTunerFlash V2 Touch as it's the best solution I can see for these cars.

My ECU

Supported ECU

To clarify, this ECU is from an 07 6MT TSX and is the revision Acura will sell you when you try to get the supported ECU as it directly replaces it in the catalog.

Please let me know if there is anything I can provide to potentially help get this ECU supported and I will be happy to do so when my KTuner arrives 🙂 otherwise, it seems I will have to purchase an auto TSX ECU.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You will not be able to tune an ECU that does not have 37820 even if the software matches the RBB-A21. That vehicle has been out for 17 years and this is the first time I've heard of this ECU being available. I can't justify changing the way the unit firmwares and KTuner software work for just one ECU. I do wish you luck. You stumbled on something strange for sure!
LFX2

Post by LFX2 »

KTuner wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:46 pm You will not be able to tune an ECU that does not have 37820 even if the software matches the RBB-A21. That vehicle has been out for 17 years and this is the first time I've heard of this ECU being available. I can't justify changing the way the unit firmwares and KTuner software work for just one ECU. I do wish you luck. You stumbled on something strange for sure!
Thank you for your response, unfortunate but I completely understand 🙂 I will get an AT ECU to use instead.
Does KTuner support using AT ECU's (37820-RBB-A71) in manual TSX's the same way you can with a FlashPro? Sadly it is almost impossible to find a manual 07-08 ECU outside of the 37010 I have but I would really prefer to use the KTunerFlash V2 over a FlashPro.

edit: I think I may just go with one of the KTuner v1 board prepared ECU's as I have tested one on my car with my tuner before and it worked fine
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You can flash between AT and MT codebases. The In-ECU kit has worked for CL7/CL9 if drive by wire, but we don't directly support them.
LFX2

Post by LFX2 »

KTuner wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:03 pm You can flash between AT and MT codebases. The In-ECU kit has worked for CL7/CL9 if drive by wire, but we don't directly support them.
Thank you for the info, I will speak to my tuner about which will be the best option as he has experience using KTuner with these cars 🙂
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Perfect

Return to “07-08 TSX Specific”