Quick question about VCM disable, base tune, etc

Ryan5091

Quick question about VCM disable, base tune, etc

Post by Ryan5091 »

Hello, I finally took the plunge to get the Ktuner v1.2 for my '15 6AT, and had a few questions. I'm set to receive it tomorrow and for the being my daily driver, I was going to at first start with a base tune with VCM disable, and maybe some shift timing, and play with the throttle map in the future, but for my questions.

1) I use just regular 87 gas, I know with the other tunes I have to use 91+, but with the base tune, VCM disabled, and possibly the shift timing/throttle map, can I just continue with regular 87, or would I need to change to 91+?

2) I saw in a earlier thread, that the fuel pump recall update was gonna be included when the Ktuner software was able to get it, given it's been almost a year since I believe, is it now included with the base tune, and will I'll retain my fixed fuel pump software update that the car received? If not, is there anything I can change in the tune to be in place of what ever the recall update changed?

Hopefully my questions made sense, I'm not one to post things online a lot, and I tend to ramble on sometimes.

Thank you!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Quick question about VCM disable, base tune, etc

Post by KTuner »

If you use the factory map instead of the tuned map you can keep 87.
Yes.
Ryan5091

Post by Ryan5091 »

Thanks for responding Ktuner, That's what I was hoping to hear. I was only mostly concerned about that fuel pump update. Glad to hear it's included now!

I just received the tuner, time to go play with it!
Ryan5091

Post by Ryan5091 »

Apologies to throw another question into the same thread. I setup and flashed a new tune onto my car. Just the factory base with VCM Disable and shift improvement level 1. I believe I followed the instructions correctly to the end until I got the "Flash Successful!". I will admit, it was a little nerve wrecking during the flash process when the center of my dashboard just read "FAILURE!" until the flash finished. I went ahead to go on a drive after this, and upon starting my engine the car seemed to hesitate, almost violently, to start. Almost as if the battery was dead, or a bad starter, not sure how to describe. Just a few seconds of rough thuds trying to crank the engine with the dash just dimly flashing lights, until the car finally started, and idled fine. I went on a drive, had several times to turn on/off the engine, and it cranks over just fine as it usually does. It seemed to only have happened on the first start after flashing. I've got no warning lights or anything else that screams the car having issues, so is it normal sometimes to have the first start after flashing be so rough like that?

Another thing, while running Ktuner while driving, my buddy points out that there is occasionally detected knocks on a few cylinders, and it states a misfire on those cylinders. I don't feel or hear anything odd going on while I was driving, no warning lights or anything, so is this just the knock sensors picking up what it thinks is a knock, and Ktuner is adding that to it's counter? I have read that the sensors can sometimes be a little sensitive like that, so if that's true, Should I really worry about it?

Thanks for helping me get through this new hobby. Lots of learning, but I think I'm going to enjoy it!

As a little side note. I noticed through the initial setup that I have ECU 37820-5G1-L140M7. Given that the application states that the L14 is supported, I was wondering what in the world the "0M7" meant at the very end, is that just another identifying piece of my specific ECU? Silly unrelated question I know, but sometimes curiosity gets to me. :D
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Yes, it sounds like your battery is low.

We show data from the ECU as Honda would see it with the dealer tool. Use that data as you wish to aid with tuning.

Yes, that's part of the ECU number as you noted.
shniggy

Post by shniggy »

Ryan5091 wrote: 2) I saw in a earlier thread, that the fuel pump recall update was gonna be included when the Ktuner software was able to get it, given it's been almost a year since I believe, is it now included with the base tune, and will I'll retain my fixed fuel pump software update that the car received? If not, is there anything I can change in the tune to be in place of what ever the recall update changed?
If I revert back to the Factory Tune, will the fuel pump software update be included as well? If not, is there a way to revert the Factory Tune to raise the voltage on the fuel pump from 10V to around 13V to overcome sodium build-up and stalling?

Thanks!
ChangoLeon

Post by ChangoLeon »

Have the very same question about going to factory and keeping the fuel pump update..
ChangoLeon

Post by ChangoLeon »

Waiting...
Prelue89

Post by Prelue89 »

Version 1.0.9.2
Civic 1.5T
New Adjusted MAF Curve Added To MAF Scaling Section To Adjust For Overly Rich Conditions At Higher Boost
Advanced VSA For All Non-Si models That Have Map Switching Support.
Flex Fuel Support And Map Switching Added To The Following ECUs:
5AN-C3x
5AN-E1x
5AN-G2x
5AW-G3x
5AW-G4x
5AN-A7x
5AN-A8x 5AN-L8x
5AN-A9x 5AN-L9x
5AN-C6x
5AN-C7x
5AW-G5x