New to the Ktuner world, seeking information.

JDMClark

New to the Ktuner world, seeking information.

Post by JDMClark »

Hey there, just bought a ktuner for my 2009 Accord v6 6 speed. I'm full bolt on pcd/jpipe/exhaust and intake right now. Waiting on the Ktuner to arrive. I'll more than likely run the default basemap and modify some little things to my liking. (2 step, Rev hang etc). Any clue on when the speed limiter will be found and eradicated? Sucks playing with big boys and she cuts off at 130.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: New to the Ktuner world, seeking information.

Post by KTuner »

No ETA. If it was easy to find it would be found already.
JDMClark

Post by JDMClark »

KTuner wrote:No ETA. If it was easy to find it would be found already.
Hey that's fine sir. Take your time. I understand it probably isn't an easy find. Just wanted clarification that you guys were working on it. Great to hear thanks.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Yup, we come back to it with fresh eyes every so often. It's a mess in there.
JDMClark

Post by JDMClark »

KTuner wrote:Yup, we come back to it with fresh eyes every so often. It's a mess in there.
I wish I could be of assistance. I've got a basic education of c+.. I assume the script front the Ktuner contains the whole source code right? When you flash a stock tune it shows its wiping the ecu clean so in that source code somewhere it is. Unless it's governed by another system on the car. Anyways if you guys have a source code for the entire stock ecu code I could do some scrubbing and find it
JDMClark

Post by JDMClark »

Hmm are you able to manipulate the speed sensors through the ecu? If so you could fool them to read off once you reach 130. Has got to be a way you can make that happen.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I'd rather find it and do it properly.
JDMClark

Post by JDMClark »

KTuner wrote:I'd rather find it and do it properly.
I like to hear that. Do it right the first time. Wish I knew how to dig into the ecu coding every basic method I tried failed lol. If I could get the whole coding together I would help find it
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

C experience won't help much. If you know low level assembler you may find it some day. Honda gives away their data files for free. You're welcome to find them and take a crack!
JDMClark

Post by JDMClark »

Hmm, I've been hunting a while now and I've not been able to find where Honda shares these files. I've never messed with embedded software so it's a bit of a new world for my self. Assembler is something I can pick up on we'll enough to translate just not modify successfully lol. Honestly I've tried to tear into the Ktuner file as well but I'm guessing a lot of it is derived to reflash the ecu and possibly that reflash isn't touching the partition on the ecu containing everything else. Again not sure. Wish I could be of assistance. Good luck and happy hunting!

Return to “08-12 Accord V6 Specific”