2011 Accord 6-6 Tune Questions

ctandc

2011 Accord 6-6 Tune Questions

Post by ctandc »

I'm a member over at DA and have followed most of the tuning / info threads with interest. I played around a good bit with GM EFI (TPI mainly but we did adapt a lot of aftermarket stuff before it became "cool" LOL) back in the day. I guess that means I might know enough to be dangerous.

Anyway I'm really thinking about pulling the trigger on Ktune for my Accord, just had a few questions if you have the time.

You advise to use 91 octane with your base tune. This higher octane recommendation is nothing new for tuning, and I understand the reasoning. (Spark Advance, octane and it's general correlation to spark knock).
My question is this - I'm looking to mainly change / fine-tune some of the daily driving issues I have with the car. Fuel Cut off, rev hang, likely play with the lower level rev limiter etc. Can I do this on a "custom" tune created by me with KTuner without using the preloaded tune - so I don't have to worry about running higher octane gas? I wouldn't be messing with timing tables etc.

That being said, my car has some miles on it, so I plan to upgrade wear parts as they age. I'l likely be going with High Flow Pre Cats in the next year or so. Also looking at going to an aftermarket J-Pipe soon as well. Not to mention I like to hit the 1/4 mile track occasionally.

I'm assuming I can load a "91 Octane" tune for the track - flashing the ECU - and then switch back to my "custom tune" for daily driving without 91 or higher octane.

Am I correct in this assumption?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me with this.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 2011 Accord 6-6 Tune Questions

Post by KTuner »

The factory tune is included as a starting point. You can do with it whatever you want and create as many tunes as you want. This gives you control.
ctandc

Post by ctandc »

Thanks for the quick response. Much appreciated.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Not a problem.

Return to “08-12 Accord V6 Specific”