IAT correction available yet?

forhome

IAT correction available yet?

Post by forhome »

When can we have the "Apply IAT Correction to Overall Timing" function? It is there but it's grayed out. It will be a very useful tool for my supercharged setup.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: IAT correction available yet?

Post by KTuner »

That's not a feature for this platform. It's not necessary unless you've fully disabled the knock control strategy. If you still have knock control enabled IAT ignition adjustments already work for you.
forhome

Post by forhome »

That's the problem I am having. I have fully disabled the knock control by setting the knock limitation table to 60 due to ghost knocks by the supercharger on deceleration. There's no option to set the knock frequency to 2nd harmonic. The car is setup with meth/water injection which I would like to use the iat correction as a fail safe which I always do with the other cars. Can I set both knock limitation table and knock retard table all to 0 to retain the factory iat correction?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Ghost knocks on deceleration wouldn't affect knock control, so you'd be wise to enable knock control again. Let the factory system do its job.

Knock Ignition Limit being set to 0 would allow IAT to be pulled again. Knock control will rise pretty high and dump extra fuel if you have noise and no knock retard to correct it.

Return to “09-10 Fit”