element ecu in a turbo EP3

turbo12a

element ecu in a turbo EP3

Post by turbo12a »

serial - KTBR10748 / ECU - 378805-KTUNER-X / LOCKED VIN to a 2005 element ecu but this is in a boosted EP3. When we try to use the element base code we pretty much have no control over anything. Using a base rsx code I can control almost everything but have zero control over fuel / ign tables. I can change fuel map to zero and car still runs the same. Trying to help this guy out who took his car to a shop and this is what they put in there and it obviously was going stupid lean under boost because no fuel table control but he told him his wideband is just messed up and sent it out.

What ecu does he need then for the ep3 or can we make this work? Thanks!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: element ecu in a turbo EP3

Post by KTuner »

You have full control over Ignition and Fuel regardless of what basecode you start with, so I'm not sure what you mean. KTuner PRB base code includes forced induction support and other extras.
turbo12a

Post by turbo12a »

Right.. but we don't. Changing the fuel in the table doesn't affect anything. I can completely zero it out and the car will run the same. The only slight difference is messing with latency times, but using the proper latency for the injectors in there the car will run smooth but it's in the 11's at idle and cruising. No matter what I do with the fuel table, even completely zero'ing them, it runs exactly the same. Ignition does actually seem to be responding. It's not the injectors sticking open as they are actually getting pulsed. Something is still telling them to open/ close.

So having this element ecu in the ep3 boosted should work fine though right?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We use Element ECUs as swap ECUs. Whatever you command in the fuel table is what is output. You would see the correlation right in the datalogging. That's if you uploaded or actually enabled real-time. If you've actually changed the values and uploaded then you do have a mechanical issue somewhere. The ECU can only do what you command it to.
turbo12a

Post by turbo12a »

Ok that's great. I just don't understand why the injectors are still pulsing if i have the fuel table zerod out and nothing in compensation maps. Car will crank up and run as if it's running on a rich base map. These aren't big injectors either. Tuned many similar setups just never had this issue of no fuel command. Also I thought you couldn't real time fuel/ ignition on boosted code. It doesn't seem to be working either if so. Oh well thanks anyway.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You have to enable it. There's an option for real-time, for either low or high cam, in the KTuner PRB codebase. If you overlooked that perhaps you've overlooked other things. You can see the fuel value and final pulse to each cylinder right in datalogging. Other sensors are also available there, for diagnosis.
turbo12a

Post by turbo12a »

I'll check it all again. I've not had this problem on other cars with ktuner so we'll see. I do appreciate the responses.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Please let me know what you find. We want to see you succeed!

Return to “Element Platform”