Base maps for 06-11 Civic si

4d7

Base maps for 06-11 Civic si

Post by 4d7 »

Hi I’m looking at possibly purchasing one of these but I don’t see a lot of information for the 8th Gen civics.

My questions are:
How many starting basemaps does ktuner come with for the 8th gen civics?
Do the basemap eliminate the rev hang?
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Base maps for 06-11 Civic si

Post by KTuner »

There are two tunes included. One for MAF fueling and one with speed density.

You can disable rev hang by entering 0 in the Overrun Throttle Compensation section of Fuel Cut parameters.
spameggsandrice

Post by spameggsandrice »

The base maps are decent and are definitely just "Base Maps". I would definitely recommend spending the money to get it tuned when you get one. It's not only a night and day difference, but you'll feel the full potential of all your performance upgrades.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

spameggsandrice wrote:The base maps are decent and are definitely just "Base Maps". I would definitely recommend spending the money to get it tuned when you get one. It's not only a night and day difference, but you'll feel the full potential of all your performance upgrades.
Definitely!
zimboo22

Post by zimboo22 »

Just got the V 1.2 today, can I expect gains just from running the base map? Also, what are some simple things I can do to increase performance without tune? throttle response, anti 8th gen bog, these type of things.

thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Yes, VTC is optimized and there are other changes as well.
Rev hang can be disabled with the overrun throttle compensation setting under fuel cut.
You have full control over the throttle maps as well.
zimboo22

Post by zimboo22 »

there doesnt seem to be a lot of developement for the 8th gens. Is this just a gateway to get tuned? either etune or dyno?

I was hoping for more specific base maps, ie: part specific, short ram plus exhaust.

Is there a place where people share base maps?

thanks
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Well this is a 12 year old platform that was dominated by another company for at least the last 8 years. Features will come, but no it's not our current focus. It's backtracking support.
Exhaust modifications will work just fine.
There are too many poorly designed intakes that never took mass airflow dynamics into account to create basemaps for them all.
zimboo22

Post by zimboo22 »

But there is so much development for the RSX with the same motor, pretty much. I've heard that you have a queue, can I get in on that?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It's not the same motor or ECU, and we support 05-06 RSX ECUs, not the 02-04. :)

We do have a queue and there is plenty to get worked in for this platform over time!

Return to “06-11 Civic Si Specific”