Aftermarket Android Head Unit

superq

Aftermarket Android Head Unit

Post by superq »

I own a fg2 and i bought a xtrons 10 inch android head unit thinking I could just connect it with Bluetooth to Ktuner 1.2.
I tried to download a app to input the pin but it said failed to connect (Waiting for uuid).
Do I have to root the device to connect?
Any suggestions would be great thanks.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Aftermarket Android Head Unit

Post by KTuner »

If you have a head unit that fully supports actual bluetooth integration and the Android Play Store you can use the standard TunerView available on the play store.
superq

Post by superq »

KTuner wrote:If you have a head unit that fully supports actual bluetooth integration and the Android Play Store you can use the standard TunerView available on the play store.
I downloaded it from the play store and i can connect my phone to Bluetooth. When I try and connect through the app I get something that pops up saying Pin:0000.

Edit: I looked at the amazon page and says support Bluetooth 5.0

Would I need to get like a Bluetooth adapter?

Here's the link the to display I bought
https://www.amazon.com/XTRONS-Android-N ... merReviews
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

We can't make suggestions on hardware for you. Android is a pretty wide range of stuff thrown together and the app doesn't really discriminate if it's a properly built piece of hardware.
superq

Post by superq »

KTuner wrote:We can't make suggestions on hardware for you. Android is a pretty wide range of stuff thrown together and the app doesn't really discriminate if it's a properly built piece of hardware.
Dose the Ktuner app work with android carplay?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The KTuner app is Windows only. If you mean TunerView you'll have to try it with your integration.
superq

Post by superq »

KTuner wrote:The KTuner app is Windows only. If you mean TunerView you'll have to try it with your integration.
yeah ill try that i just checked and it said waiting for uuid support
superq

Post by superq »

KTuner wrote:The KTuner app is Windows only. If you mean TunerView you'll have to try it with your integration.
One last question, is there a way to connect ktuner to the android head unit with a micro usb?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It's bluetooth only for Android connectivity.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

superq wrote:
yeah ill try that i just checked and it said waiting for uuid support
If you're referring to TunerView Lite that's for factory head units only. I mentioned above what you'd need to run the normal version.

Return to “06-11 Civic Si Specific”