Vtec window - mBar

mikeyinid

Re: Vtec window - mBar

Post by mikeyinid »

Linszter wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:20 am Check if you have any vacuum leak or not. That can cause high idle too.
First thing I checked. No leaks. It's pretty common for clueless people like myself to ruin a perfectly good tb just trying to clean it. What I notice is when the car is off tps.cmd is 4 then when I start the car it goes up then settles back at 3. Never goes to 0 even though tps is 0. When I give it gas then let off tps.cmd stays where it was for 2 seconds then very slowly drops back to 3. Definitely broken. I will never force the butterfly of a tb open to clean it again. I also went crazy with the cleaner which probably didn't help.
Linszter

Post by Linszter »

mikeyinid wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:31 am First thing I checked. No leaks. It's pretty common for clueless people like myself to ruin a perfectly good tb just trying to clean it. What I notice is when the car is off tps.cmd is 4 then when I start the car it goes up then settles back at 3. Never goes to 0 even though tps is 0. When I give it gas then let off tps.cmd stays where it was for 2 seconds then very slowly drops back to 3. Definitely broken. I will never force the butterfly of a tb open to clean it again. I also went crazy with the cleaner which probably didn't help.
3-4% is a pretty normal value since the ecu controls the idle with the TB.
mikeyinid

Post by mikeyinid »

Linszter wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:30 am
mikeyinid wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:31 am First thing I checked. No leaks. It's pretty common for clueless people like myself to ruin a perfectly good tb just trying to clean it. What I notice is when the car is off tps.cmd is 4 then when I start the car it goes up then settles back at 3. Never goes to 0 even though tps is 0. When I give it gas then let off tps.cmd stays where it was for 2 seconds then very slowly drops back to 3. Definitely broken. I will never force the butterfly of a tb open to clean it again. I also went crazy with the cleaner which probably didn't help.
3-4% is a pretty normal value since the ecu controls the idle with the TB.
Prior to cleaning the TB I was seeing 0 at idle. One thing I noticed today is at WOT tps was showing 114. Is that normal? I did not get the new tb installed, I was sent the wrong one and it'll be Saturday now.

*EDIT* I see that 114 is normal so disregard.
Linszter

Post by Linszter »

114 is normal.

Return to “06-11 Civic Si Specific”