Do it!

Welcome to KTuner. Share a bit about yourself and your vehicle.
GhostPipes

Do it!

Post by GhostPipes »

New to the forum, new to tuning, and new to Ktuner. If like me you have been on the fence, do it. This is my experience so far:

2021 2.0T with A/T. 17,000 miles. I've put off modifications since it was new. But now it's time to go to work. I wanted to hear the turbo spool, so I added an Injen intake pipe and filter (no affiliation with Ktuner, as far as I know). I got what I wanted, but be aware that mine makes some unexpected sounds at low RPM / partial throttle / under load (e.g. steep hills). Overall, it's great. However, that low RPM gasping/grinding sound was not what I anticipated. High throttle / high rpm sounds great, as does the blow off whoosh. Nothing modified other than the intake pipe, filter, and air box. Still vents to intake, but man can you hear it!

So the itch to see what could be done with a tune (my first time ever doing so) brought me to Ktune. I bought the 1.2, as I have plenty of small-screen tablets lying around for displaying data. I pulled the trigger, followed the instructions, and uploaded to stage 1. A quick test drive and the difference was significant. For sure, it was worth the money. It's a rabbit hole however, and of course I slipped down it. Immediately back to the garage, and change to stage 2. Another test drive, and hot damn! Torque out the wahh-zoo. Freeway on-ramp at 40 MPH- stomp the throttle and the tires broke loose. On this car, the difference is dramatic. I suddenly realized how bad those valleys/ dips on the stock tune was. I mean, I can see them on the dyno sheet but feeling those smoothed out is worth it alone. Add in the dramatic improvement in power, and I am sold.

One thing I was not expecting is the improvement to ECO mode operation. I'm old, and I don't drive around wringing my car's neck all the time. I use ECO, and it seems better with this tune. The fuel economy appears slightly better in ECO. So far I think it's going to average out to more than a gallon/mile improvement in ECO. I just started to tinker with the real-time display on my Samsung tablet (blue tooth connected to the Ktuner OBDII). I have not yet started to explore the data logging options, but I plan to next week. In short: Do it!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Do it!

Post by KTuner »

Welcome and thanks for the feedback.

Return to “Welcome”