Start up rev bounce.

2.2Lude

Re: Start up rev bounce.

Post by 2.2Lude »

Yea my thoughts exactly, most dealers aren't going to want to touch this.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

The woes of aftermarket. :)

Best thing to do is talk to them. If sync'ing the immobilizer they'll generally reprogram the VIN as well.
2.2Lude

Post by 2.2Lude »

Yep lol
I'll give it a shot.
So i just flash to stock, unlock drive down on my factory ecu, and plug in the Ktuner ECU there.

Here is where I'm a little confused would they sync the the ECU and Re-vin with the ECU unlocked?
Because obviously It can't be done locked with the old VIN :roll:

If that's the case then I would just be able to drive home on my factory ECU, then lock it at home no?

I guess I'd just like to know what state the ECU would need to be in when its been sync'd and re-VIN'd.

Thanks.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Once they sync your immobilizer you're bound to the new ECU. The old one will not start the vehicle anymore. You either need to take your laptop and gain internet access to lock and upload a tune again or drive the ECU on the stock software until you can do so.
2.2Lude

Post by 2.2Lude »

So if i understood you right, I can drive on the Ktuner ECU without locking the ktuner hardware as if it was just a regular ECU? After the dealer syncs it of course.
I just have bolt ons so running a stock map isn't an issue.

If that's the case then I wouldn't even need to tell the dealer its a modified ECU. :lol:
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

It's a stock map for the ECU, not for your setup. You will be throwing codes and won't be able to get on it.
2.2Lude

Post by 2.2Lude »

stock map to a factory k24a2 right?
My set up is basically stock, all factory sensors are in place including the rear 02. what codes would i throw.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No, you're not using a stock TSX ECU, so the stock map for that ECU is not a TSX map. It states on the TSX page of the site that you need a new KTuner compatible ECU which is different, which is what you're using.
2.2Lude

Post by 2.2Lude »

Oh okay I see. I always thought it was just a modified TSX ECU.
Great thanks for all the help in clearing things up.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem. Keep me posted and let me know what they say. I'll be adding a section to help for Immobilizer and I'm curious if they give a standard answer.

Return to “04-06 TSX / Euro CL9 Specific”