Start up rev bounce.

2.2Lude

Start up rev bounce.

Post by 2.2Lude »

Hey guys looking to see if there is a solution for the start up rev bounce I'm having on my 06 TSX running Ktuner. I've had Kenny take a look at it via an eTune and also my local tuner Jei @ Blacktrax, neither was able to find a solution.

It only happens on warm starts, never on a cold start. And only happens when running a map from the Ktuner ecu. Basically during a warm start the car fires, the rev dip really low to around 600RPM, bounce up and down then settle. Neither I or my tuner were able to find an adjustment for this in the software.

I can send a Log of what I'm talking about as well.

Thanks for any help.

BTW my mods are:

3" Injen CAI
50* RBC VTC
WeaponR header w/ HFC
Stock TB
Stock RBB IM
Stock cat back
Ktuner.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Start up rev bounce.

Post by KTuner »

Thanks for choosing KTuner. There's really nothing I can suggest short of tuning. The platform is proven on TSX and with proper tuning can give great results.
2.2Lude

Post by 2.2Lude »

So you feel only a touch up to the tune will fix the issue?
Man that's a bummer when I've had two turners try and resolve the issue already, one being Kenny. Guess I'll just have to live with it then.

Thanks.

On another topic could give me a run down on how to get the VIN on my Ktuner ECU changed to the same as my Chassis?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

There are a bunch of settings that can help you stabilize idle. One being the base DBW percentage. Another the dealers have access to being the base idle DBW values.

Flash to Stock. Unlock the unit from the ECU. Change the VIN. Lock the unit to the ECU with the new VIN.
2.2Lude

Post by 2.2Lude »

Unfortunately the base DBW percentage didn't resolve my situation. I'll do some more troubleshooting to see if i can come up with anything.

As for the change of VIN, I don't see a function in the software that would allow me to do what your instructing. Could you please elaborate for me a little more on that. I am also running the latest version of the software according to "check for updates" function.

Thanks.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You'd see those functions in the Tuning menu if you were on the latest version.
2.2Lude

Post by 2.2Lude »

Even though in the software the program says i was running the most updated version, i wasn't. I downloaded the new version and it has the functions.

So after returning it to factory and unlocking it, how do I change the VIN on the ECU?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Through a Honda/Acura dealer.
2.2Lude

Post by 2.2Lude »

Since the car won't run with the unlocked ECU, can the dealer change the VIN without the vehicle if i took the ECU into the dealer alone?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

As you can imagine that'd be a question you'd need to ask the dealer. This has nothing to do with KTuner and I can't provide you with an answer.

Your other options are wifi access on location to unlock/lock or swap ECUs on location. They'll likely pair your immobilizer to the new ECU as well unless you ask them not to. Really this is beyond the general scope of what they do.

Return to “04-06 TSX / Euro CL9 Specific”