KTuner swap FAQ

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
Turbogixxer

KTuner swap FAQ

Post by Turbogixxer »

I am putting this together for people that are using KTuner on a swap car.

Does my speedo work if I have a 02-04 (05 on EP3) speed sensor?

Yes. The ECU can be set to read the correct speed with these older transmissions. The speed sensor can be teed and sent to the cluster to display vehicle speed without a speedo healer.

If I have a 02-04 harness and swap harness, what do I do?

The easiest way to is get a KTuner ecu "jumper" harness (Retail $150). It will convert your 02-04 harness to a 05-06. The plugs are the same, you can repin, but it would be the hardest way. We will NOT offer tech on re pining it. The third way is using a 05-06 rsx harness or 03-05 element harness. Swap harness for 05-06 ECU will be coming shortly.

What is KTuner? Can it be tuned?

KTuner is a flashed based system that changes and adds custom code to a newer ECUs. IT IS NOT A PIGGYBACK. The fuel, timing, cam angle, and many other settings to the ECU. KTuner is a programmable tuning solution based on the factory ECU.

What is a KTuner Swap ECU?

A Ktuner Swap ECU is a 05-06 ECU with factory maps and disabled immobilizer, emissions (For off-road use vehicles only), and most of the sensors you do not need for a swap car. The Swap ECU CAN be flashed/upgraded to an end user board (self tuning) or custom tuned by a dealer.

What is KTuner reflash ecu?? Does it help my swap?

KTuner reflashed ECUs are the same as the Swap ECU, but with a dyno tuned reflash. KTuner has 3 reflashes for the RSX Type-S and 1 for the RSX Base. This gives an economy option to custom dyno tuning.

Feel free to add if you have a question.
http://www.TurbogixxerTuning.com
DIRECT NepTune, Hondata, Haltech, KTuner, and Fuel Injector Clinic dealer.
Turbogixxer Tuning facebookTurbogixxerTuning on Instagram
Axix23

Re: KTuner swap FAQ

Post by Axix23 »

If doing a 05 rsx-s motor/tranny/harness/ecu into eg civic. Will I still need a vss converter for the speedo to read correctly? And also, what primary o2 do I run? The 05-06 rsx-s's o2?

How exactly can you monitor a/f ratios with that? Is there software for us to use to catalog and upload a kal like kpro? This forum doesn't, provide enough details.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Any manual will tell you the 05-06 ECU has VSS output on E26 that you can run to the cluster when using a newer trans.

03+ Element, 05-06 RSX, 05+ CRV 02 Sensor.

The forum isn't where to find product details, the website is. The end user version allows you to datalog and make your own changes.

System
http://ktuner.com/ktunersystems/

Application
http://ktuner.com/rsx/
Axix23

Post by Axix23 »

So, I will have to do some additonal wiring to get speedo to work correctly or i don't b/c I am using the 05-06 ecu?

Another question is the primary o2. Will I be running the 05-06 primary o2? ISn't that a narrowband o2 sensor? How will K-tuner be able to read a/f during datalogging so I can make changes to my map?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You called just as I was writing my reply. If you have any other questions just let me know.
Darb432

Post by Darb432 »

Made two posts with askings this FAQ made sense of very quickly. Thanks Turbogixxer for being straight up and for having the advice i required

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”