1985 Toyota Pickup Wiring

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
poopoo

1985 Toyota Pickup Wiring

Post by poopoo »

Hello, I'm starting to wire up the K24 I'm installing in a toyota pickup.

I have a 2005 RSX ECU with Ktuner installed. When I apply power to the ECU +12 on pins 2,3 and ground Pins 4,5 using a bench power supply I can connect the laptop and communicate with the ECU, but the anti-theft tab in the software has no content whatsoever. My intent was to power up the ECU and change these settings before hooking up all the other wires.

Strangely when I attempt to power up the ECU in the truck using the IG1, and MRLY I get 12V to pins A2, and A3, but the ECU is not able to communicate with the software at all.

Anyone have an idea what is going on?

Thank you,
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 1985 Toyota Pickup Wiring

Post by KTuner »

The anti-theft feature is not available to you currently. If you've disabled immobilizer and everything is hooked up it will start.
poopoo

Post by poopoo »

Thank you, I was confused between anti-theft and immobilizer.

Today the truck started and ran okay at idle with an RSX base code. Since I have a K24A2, but elected to replace the DBW with an accord TB is there a way to use all the TSX maps but with IAC instead of DBW? It would be awesome to start with the correct base maps.

Adam
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

When you go to File>New there's two tunes labeled "PRB TSX Swap Tune" 1/2 in the 05-06 RSX Type-S section.
poopoo

Post by poopoo »

oh! duh. thank you. Great product so far.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem
poopoo

Post by poopoo »

IT RUNS

Is there a procedure to calibrate the TPS? I click the calibrate 0% button and nothing appears to happen. TPS read always comes back 80% when I depress the pedal fully. I'm worried the ECU does not know that 80% is really 100% now.

Also is there a way for me to adjust the cooling fan control? I'm hoping to use an ECU controlled relay instead of temperature switch. I see it is pin E19, can I adjust the temp? what is the factory setting?

Do yall get about 14.7-14.9 AFR on the WBO2 after idling a few minutes?

Thanks,

Adam
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

You're calibrating 0%. The factory RSX sensor doesn't go to 100% either. You can adjust WOT TPS settings in the closed loop settings.

Fan Control is under Factory Output Controls.

Your target air/fuel for closed loop can be adjusted in the closed loop settings.

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”