1996 civic

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
Bigwhite2009

1996 civic

Post by Bigwhite2009 »

I ordered the end user system for my hatch. I have the conversion harness, the ktuner jumper and the 05 06 ecu. Everytime i upload a tune it runs fine. But as soon as i shut down the car its like the ecu loses all information i put into it. And the car wont fire. So in return i have to pull out my laptop and upload the tune again and the same thing happens all over again. ALSO, when i plug into my laptop the status says its "connected" in ktuner but i try to upload and it changes the status to "logging" and wont upload... Whats the deal?? Im definetly not pleased so far with this.
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 1996 civic

Post by KTuner »

It can't lose the information with key off. That being the case you more than likely left it in real-time mode even though it specifically mentions in a note right below it not to do that. :)
Bigwhite2009

Post by Bigwhite2009 »

I followed all on screen directions. I uploaded. Let it erase then reflash. Keyed off for 5 seconds then keyed on. What else am i missing??
Bigwhite2009

Post by Bigwhite2009 »

I can upload a base map thats provided on ktuner and it runs fine
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

If you can upload a basemap provided in the KTuner software and it runs then I'm not sure I understand the issue. Any customized basemap will be based on those. I provided you with something to look for in my previous post.
TheOhKcivic

Post by TheOhKcivic »

hey bigwhite

I had a similar issue with mine if you are confident enough remove the end user from the ecu and look at the solder points for any stray solder strings or pieces or connection. Mine had a few small strings connecting things that were not supposed to be there and if I uploaded a map and started the car it would run then turn it off and it wouldnt start up unless I loaded the map again. I hope this helps

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”