Reverse lockout output

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
RABOOST

Reverse lockout output

Post by RABOOST »

If I choose this output as my check engine light (MIL) does this mean my reverse lockout will no longer work???

I was going to use the A31 as my normal MIL output but according to my wiring schematic this is being used as an O2 input signal and did not want to use it because I want my O2 to work properly the other ECU pins I also need such as AC, VSS etc etc.

By the way Im using a 2003 Accord K24A4 engine and harness with the proper 05 ECU
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: Reverse lockout output

Post by KTuner »

It can't do both things. It does whatever you set it to do.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

So in other words my reverse lock out will no longer work and would just have to shift very careful so my tranny dont blow up. LOL :D

Do you know if there is a fail safe from Honda? What if the reverse lockout solenoid ever fails?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

There's no fail safe, you'll grind if reverse lock isn't active. What ECU and what codebase are you using?
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

Im using a PRB Base code with boost options and It's raining hard out side right now but I will check the ECU im using, I do know that it is from an Automatic car since it has all the ECU pin for the automatic transmission. Being that it is for an Automatic transmission ECU I would imagine the lock out pin would be different anyways am I correct?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Lock out will function normally. If you have an Accord ECU it doesn't have an MIL output so you will need to choose something else to use.
RABOOST

Post by RABOOST »

Thank you, unfortunately the ones that I want to use like INTAKE MANIFOLD tuning is non existent on the ECU pin I have and the rest of the outputs I need. :(
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

I understand.

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”