K20a2 swapped EG only idles while plugged into computer

Civic/Integra/etc with a K swap
K20a2EG

K20a2 swapped EG only idles while plugged into computer

Post by K20a2EG »

I not a tuner by any means, so this is all new to me. I recently purchased an EG Civic (with Ktuner in ECM) a guy swapped and couldn't get running. I've got it running and idling BUT, only while plugged into my laptop with the tune file open? The seller told me a ktune dealer preped the ECM with a k20a2 base map, not sure how to confirm this, but I cant even find an A2 file in the software only the Z1?
Car has a 02-04 rsx type s harness, not sure what brand cabin harness but its in there, I double checked his wiring, it looks good, ktuned jumper harness to a PZD (or whatever code for honda element) ECM, sticker on the side says "KT-ECU-swap." Not trying to be long wind just provide sufficient info to help resolve my issue. Thanks in advance
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: K20a2 swapped EG only idles while plugged into computer

Post by KTuner »

Someone left the real-time tuning option on, even though there's a specific warning about exactly this scenario right below it.
K20a2EG

Post by K20a2EG »

Cool, I'll check it out tonight. So I'll uncheck real time tuning and reupload, correct? Thanks for the quick response.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Yup, that's likely all that's needed here.
K20a2EG

Post by K20a2EG »

I only had time this morning to open the tune file and verified "Realtime tuning" is enabled. When I get home tonight, I'll disable it and post results, in case it's helpful to a novice like myself in the future.
P.S. haha, at whoever left it enabled, it does say in as plain as possible english, right underneath this exact thing would happen.
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

Warnings often get overlooked, but we definitely put it there. I bet that solves it!
K20a2EG

Post by K20a2EG »

I disabled "Realtime tuning," uploaded and the car fired right up and idles, so issue is resolved. Thanks Ktuner for the quick and decisive response, very cool :mrgreen:
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

No problem at all. Glad it was easy!

Return to “K Swapped Vehicles”